Forums Latest Members
  1. Cesarh1 Jan 4, 2019

Guys I bought a Seamaster 300 for my Wife, and I bought myself a Planet Ocean both in 2015. I was living in India at that time. It seems I took both Warranty Cards for the two watches and put them somewhere so that I did not lose them during the move... well, as you can see the plan didn't work. I cannot find the cards, and I moved from India in 2016. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to get the two cards again? I can provide model and serial number of both watches. I even have the purchase receipts for both.

Thanks.

2. 89-0 Jan 4, 2019

3. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 4, 2019

Not any more according to the OB at Regent Street.

89-0 likes this.
  4. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jan 4, 2019

If the watches were purchased at an AD, I think the purchase receipt would be acceptable if a warranty repair is required.

5. padders Oooo subtitles! Jan 4, 2019

Replacement cards were available until about a year ago, but they weren't cheap, like £100 to replace each. They can no longer be replaced at all. In reality, the value added by the presence of the cards is minimal if the watches are legit and healthy. Not a lot more than the replacement cost if even that.

Even if you are still within the warranty period, which may no longer be the case, without the cards I honestly doubt you would be able to use the warranty if you approach a dealer other than the one who supplied the watch back in India, the whole point of the card is to support the transferable warranty.

Edited Jan 4, 2019
    mikekchc likes this.
  6. Cesarh1 Jan 5, 2019

Thanks to everyone. I thought the card could be an affirmation of the authenticity of the watch. One was bought in India, the other one was bought in Philadelphia. I now live in North Carolina, so it will be hard for me to go to sny of the two AD’s. I think my best bet is to continue looking and see if I find those two cards.
    Thsnks again!!

7. mikekchc Jan 12, 2019

i hope you find the cards

8. FlyingSnoopy Jan 13, 2019

Other watch companies do not need the warranty card in order to get the (warranty) service.
    I wonder if this is the same for omega...
    However in the second hand market a full set is worth more
    Cheers

9. Cesarh1 Jan 13, 2019

Thanks for the reply everyone!!!

10. mayankyadav Jan 13, 2019

While we are at this topic - It seems that the warranty on new speedmaster now a days is for 5 years.
    I bought mine in 2017 and was told that I will have 2 years warranty.
    Do I now get 2 years or 5 years warranty?

Thanks

11. Millenary Watches Jan 13, 2019

The five-year warranty is only applicable for watches bought July 1st 2018 and later, so, unfortunately, your watch is not covered by the new extended warranty..

12. Evitzee Jan 13, 2019

In December 2018 I bought a CK 2998 that was made in 2016. Even though the warranty card says it only has a two year it actually carries a five year warranty because it was sold by an AD after July 1, 2018. It all depends on the sale date.

13. Millenary Watches Jan 13, 2019

Exactly. Warranty is decided based on the date the watch was bought. It could, in theory, be a NOS which receives a five-year warranty.