Forums Latest Members

Lost screw to secure battery for De Ville (possibly 80s)

1. Jameel Oct 5, 2017

Hi All

I wonder if someone might be able to help me. I've rather foolishly lost the tiny screw that secured the battery in an old Omega De Ville that my father gave me a few years back. I don't know too much about the watch other than he owned it from new and I guess would have been bought in the 80s when he was working. I'm reluctant to visit my local Omega Boutique to buy a replacement screw, particularly for a watch I rarely wear. Does anyone have any recommendations for a place to source a replacement, either online or locally to Birmingham, UK?

Many thanks in advance.

IMG_1472.JPG IMG_1473.JPG
  2. kade_baitrum Feb 25, 2018

i have the same problem you wanna sell me your other screw?

3. Rglaz Feb 25, 2018

Unless you can find a jeweler with the correct screw, send it to omega for repair or service. OR just put it away and not wear it . Dont let some one mess up the movement. How did you lose the screw? if you know the area. get a magnet and sweep the floor with it. You may get lucky and find it.

4. Kwijibo Feb 25, 2018

I think any good watchmaker with find a fitting screw without too much problem.

5. kpaxsg Feb 25, 2018

Many here will like to give you a screw for sure

6. Kwijibo Feb 25, 2018

I'm going to check in my drawers...

7. keepitsimple Feb 25, 2018

It's the same as the one on the other end of the clamp, so any local watchmaker/jeweller ought to be able to measure and match it quite easily - I'm guessing also that the battery change places probably lose these all the time and will have a stack of them to fit all sorts of movements. Otherwise drop into HS Walsh in Warstone Mews - not far from the Jewellery Quarter Metro and rail stop.
    https://www.hswalsh.com/showrooms

Alternatively, try Hancocks in almost the same place. They'll fix it up for you with a new battery.

Edited Feb 25, 2018
  8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 26, 2018

This is the screw you need:

1072396 | SCREW S0.80 ØH1.6 L2.6

Cheers, Al

kkt and Lucasssssss like this.