Forums Latest Members

Lost S/N 43, Apollo 11, 50 years ago

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Morley May 3, 2019

6007428C-BD6C-4A30-8D1F-9E6A278B4949.jpeg 5DE1AD5F-4189-40CF-AE24-AA1BFACC8822.jpeg 46D8370E-7FBF-461D-A688-B9B8FF58105F.jpeg To whom this may concern, I have a copy of the list of NASA Speedmaster’s 1977 archive that were shipped to the Smithsonian. “ s/n 43 “LOST by Aldrin”, Never recovered by NASA. It includes the complete transfer information of that day. It is also my understanding that the Smithsonian has the Historical cards of All the Speedmaster’s used. This would mean that they should have and know the correct movement numbers of said watches. I have other unseen archives as well. It’s been years of questionably allegations and statements in regards to the watch and myself. For example I did not state that I had in my possession the Speedmaster used on Apollo 11, it was the FBI that showed up at my door demanding that I give them my watch. Claiming that I may have stolen the watch and ask me to do a lie detector test. I showed the FBI agent the copy of the archive “Lost By Aldrin Never recovered by NASA” with my hired criminal attorney, and the FBI agent stated, They did not care about the truth and that they only wanted the watch. I did offer to do a lie detector test although only with an outside company and They had no interest in that. I was just trying to research the archive like a lot of your readers. At this point it was time and the only reason I hired an civil attorney and filed a lawsuit. Its now nearly 50 years since the Moon Landing and it’s high time to clear the air. The government accounting office investigated Aldrin in regards to the loss.(archives to prove this statement) Aldrin even confirms this in his book of the investigation , as well as being on the beach in the Santa Barbara Ca area. Myself, my attorney, Buzz Aldrin, his Attorney, met at the Smithsonian with Amanda Young(curator) the government attorneys for a meeting. Amanda Young exposed an archive that in fact Aldrins watch number 23 was “Stolen”. If you have interest in all the sides of a story you may contact me. Sincerely, Steve Morley.

valkyrie_rider and henrikaa like this.
  2. Cad290 May 3, 2019

::popcorn::

kkt likes this.
  3. MikeMan2727 May 3, 2019

You have Aldrin's watch?

4. WYO_Watch May 3, 2019

I believe the FBI has his watch?

5. Noles_88 Dog costume designer extraordinaire! May 3, 2019

Tell us more.

6. wsfarrell May 3, 2019

The FBI doesn't talk like that. You sound like a moron.

connieseamaster and Alphasports like this.
  7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 3, 2019

So your saying you have SN43? I want to be clear in what you are stating.

Many of us have more complete records of the watches then the document you show.

8. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe May 3, 2019

And the purpose of starting no this thread was.... ???

Yawn..,

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 3, 2019

10. calalum May 3, 2019

Subtitles please?

11. CJpickup57 May 3, 2019

Registered over two years ago. This is OP’s FIRST POST and it’s a beauty ha ha ha.

I do not even understand what the post is for or trying to achieve in getting across.

Ahh excellent! Microwave just went ding....

::popcorn::

Alphasports and snarkq like this.
  12. zrleopold May 3, 2019

Message me with offers. Lowballs will be ignored.

DACC8EEF-0CEE-45CA-B77F-F6A398CB4A08.jpeg
    jhross98, 89-0, Waxtactic and 21 others like this.
  13. kkt May 3, 2019

Just loves visits from G-men?

Foo2rama likes this.
  14. Vercingetorix Spam Risk May 3, 2019

This is like one of those phone calls you get where you owe the IRS money and are coming to get you and the guy on the other end of the line barely speaks English.

Swissmister, Fritz and kkt like this.
  15. dscoogs May 3, 2019

Sounds to me like OP wants to (at least) tell his story and to show his watch even though it's not Buzz's, on the eve of the Apollo 11 50th anniversary ... ::popcorn::

16. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe May 4, 2019

Cerca Trova ... If there's any moment to choose, 2019 is the year to find & resurface that chronograph

Omegafanman likes this.
  17. Screwbacks May 5, 2019

was there really a s/n#23? it could be before apollo project.

18. Steve Morley May 5, 2019

H.R.4158 - To confirm full ownership rights for certain United States astronauts to artifacts from the astronauts' space missions.112th Congress (2011-2012)

19. Steve Morley May 5, 2019

The summary below was written by the Congressional Research Service, which is a nonpartisan division of the Library of Congress.

9/25/2012--Public Law. Grants a U.S. astronaut who participated in any of the Mercury, Gemini, or Apollo programs through the completion of the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project, and who received an artifact during his participation, full ownership of and clear title to that artifact.

Defines "artifact" as any expendable item utilized in missions for the Mercury, Gemini, or Apollo programs through the completion of the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project not expressly required to be returned to the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) at the completion of the mission and other expendable, disposable, or personal-use items utilized by such an astronaut during participation in any such program, excluding lunar rocks and other lunar material.

Prohibits the federal government from having any claim or right to ownership, control, or use of: (1) any artifact in the possession of such an astronaut; or (2) any such artifact that was subsequently transferred, sold, or assigned to a third party by such an astronaut.

Flintlock likes this.
  20. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 5, 2019

The watches where expressly returned and considered part of the kit like space suit gloves. Watches are not considered expendables. H nice the serial numbers and all other watches returned to nasa.

Fact is you don’t have an NASA issued piece, and if you did you can’t sell it as such as you would be admitting you don’t have ownership.

But sure let’s see this magical watch. Pictures?

Edited May 5, 2019
    connieseamaster and 77deluxe like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.