Forums Latest Members
  1. Capt Cave Man Jan 20, 2020

Apologies for reaching out, I've just found I have a pin missing on one of my spare links on a 1503/1 SS BoR bracelet with 15 end links, fortunately I spotted it before the watch dropped off my wrist and it's now sitting on my desk.

As a 70s bracelet, I don't have any spare links, pins or tubes to swap out. As one has gone I think I should also check the remaining...

Would my AD be able to order replacement(s) from the Omega parts bin for repair or is this a matter of trawling the interweb... so far I'm not getting a lot of info?

2. Stuie Jan 20, 2020

janice&fred likes this.
  3. Capt Cave Man Jan 20, 2020

I've been looking but so far no avail, I believe your link is for the Seamaster 20mm steel bracelet 1503-825. Apologies, I should have put more info in my original post as it's for an older 18mm steel Beads of Rice bracelet 1503/1 with 15 end links.

4. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jan 20, 2020

If this is a seven-row BOR, I just looked at mine, and assuming it's genuine, it looks like it might use normal pins of the time. Many watchmakers will have an assortment of pins and could find one that will fit.

Of course any jeweler or watchmaker can contact Omega custoner service, I used to contact them myself (though the prefer not dealing directly with the public).

Tom

5. Capt Cave Man Jan 21, 2020

Sorry for the late response and thank-you @VetPsychWars, yes it is the seven-row BOR.

I'll head into the AD in Cambridge with it tomorrow, will also ask them to check the remainder as if one is loose...

EDIT: That was a wasted journey, all roads lead to an Omega full service or no dice... will chat with a couple of local watch repairers.

Edited Jan 22, 2020