Forums Latest Members
  1. 57seamaster471 Dec 10, 2015

I've always loved the Omega Seamaster, I especially love the design and the history of the watch.
    Last year I decided I would take the plunge and buy one. But I was kinda picky; I wanted a late '50s to mid '60s model, black dial face, and it had to have all its original parts.
    I finally found one on eBay. I know eBay is fraught with fakes and flakes, but I did enough research to feel relatively confident I was getting the real thing. Omega Seamaster 471. After purchase I immediately took it to a trusted watch repair shop in West Seattle and they confirmed it was real thing, dated it to 1957-1958. BUT, they did point out the original crystal with the Omega etched logo had been replaced. Oh well, I could live with that.
    But then, last summer, as wound the watch and resumed whatever I was doing, I looked down and noticed the winder crown was missing! Sh**! I combed every square inch of where I was (at my sisters house, with my girlfriend) and finally gave up. Lost.
    So my question is—excuse the long winded setup—which of the myriad of crowns listed online and elsewhere are compatible with my Omega 471? I'm seeing 4.5mm, 5.5mm, etc., And do I need a matching stem?
    Thanks,
    Eric Cooley
    Seattle, WA

IMG_8850.jpg
    Etp095 likes this.