Forums Latest Members
  1. morseonline Jan 17, 2015

I'm a complete novice at collecting and am looking to purchase my first vintage Omega. I've got my eye on this 1960's Seamaster on eBay, can anyone make any comment?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/381122605362Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

I see that the crown has been replaced, although it says that the dial is original - I particularly like the blue which is why I'm drawn to this one.

Thanks in advance.

2. Georgieboy58 Jan 17, 2015

Has been discussed here recently

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 17, 2015

Not a good watch, beat up with a poorly refinished dial and a counterfeit strap and buckle.

PASS.

4. morseonline Jan 17, 2015

Thanks for your help. Looks like I'm going to make a few mistakes getting started!

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 17, 2015

Keeping asking here first and we will try to keep that to an absolute minimum. :thumbsup:

6. morseonline Jan 17, 2015

It's so nice to find a forum where people are friendly and helpful!

So how about this onePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network?

7. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 17, 2015

I like that one. The seller also has a gold plated example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mint-Mens-V...e-W-Watch-Orig-Dial-Omega-Strap-/141538642308Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

The steel version is a little nicer though.

Have to do something about those fake straps and buckles, but they don't subtract from the watch.

Just don't pay extra for those parts.
    gatorcpa

8. morseonline Jan 17, 2015

Thanks, the steel is definitely more to my taste. I'll keep an eye on both of them, hopefully I can grab one.