Looking to buy vintage Seamaster

Rudi, the Omega Factory does not re dial . They outsource it to contractors. With changing results.... In the past I had to send back 2 re dials, because they were a disaster. Kind regards. Achim

Thanks. Are there any tell-tale signs other than it simply looking too pristine for a watch of its age?

Plenty of watches with dials that are pristine even though their age.

Agree the OP watch looks like a redial.

In the U.K. (Or anywhere really), you can get a vintage watch at a reasonable price or quickly, not usually both.

Your options are;
1. be patient and you'll find one around £400 which will need a service (so budget another £100-250).
2. Pay a premium and get one within a week or so (but may still need a service).

As a rule of thumb, don't use a currency converter when people say "this watch should be found for $x". Simply replace $ with £ as watches are slightly more expensive in the U.K. So, when US members say this watch should be $500, don't read it as £360, read it as £500. This gives a more accurate representation of market value.

Rudi, the Omega Factory does not re dial . They outsource it to contractors. With changing results.... In the past I had to send back 2 re dials, because they were a disaster. Kind regards. Achim

Oh, didn't know. Thanks for the info.

I once stumbled upon such a watch in a small town in the frisian region of Germany, northwest near the Netherlands, in an antiquities shop.

The owner of the shop said the watch had been sent to Omega for a complete overhaul and showed me the papers to prove it, including a bag with the original dial and crown.

I just assumed the dial was done by Omega back then.