Looking in to selling my Vintage Seamaster.

Hi! I’m looking to sell my Seamaster. I’m trying to determine what I should list it for. Based off the photos, what would be a fair listing price? All suggestions are greatly appreciated and thanks in advance! 4E7788AB-6EEE-4BC8-912B-A6FDFCD4B29B.jpeg 60233CFF-C2FA-45B0-8804-DA2CA2B35609.jpeg 42D46D2D-497E-48B7-935F-D5EC8ADDF6E7.jpeg 8953F48E-03AA-43F7-812E-38E212EEC0A7.jpeg E37C7341-6543-453E-8A6A-70F0CDCE08C3.jpeg A8A68211-5D37-40CA-8FA8-654697B7E2DF.jpeg

Honestly, it's hard to put a price on a watch with a badly refinished dial like this. Probably worth about half of an original example.

Honestly, it's hard to put a price on a watch with a badly refinished dial like this. Probably worth about half of an original example.
Agree with Dan, and it's a damned dirty shame as you have the box, and the original strap with its original buckle. Looks like it might be US Collection as the strap matches the ones seen in the Norman Morris catalogs of the period.

List it on ebay no reserve auction starting at 01p and it will find its own level. It is not something a collector would be greatly interested due to the dial refinish and the case is soft but the box is a nice to have and has some value and likewise the strap/buckle

Minute hand looks like it's pressed down tightly against the hour hand as I can see the canon pinion sitting above the hand rather than flush with it

DON

Hi! I’m looking to sell my Seamaster. I’m trying to determine what I should list it for. Based off the photos, what would be a fair listing price? All suggestions are greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

how long has this watch been with you and if you don't mind how much did you get it for?

What a waste of that dial, other than that it would be a nice watch.

Sell strap and buckle separately, that combo is worth more than the watch. Seriously.

This is a purist forum, for people here when it is not 100% original and mint condition, the watch worth nothing. This does not reflect the reality.

This is a purist forum, for people here when it is not 100% original and mint condition, the watch worth nothing. This does not reflect the reality.
When I mentioned the value of strap+buckle being worth more than the watch, it was to inform the seller of the sales potential in the strap.
Of course the watch still got value, even if redialed. A lot of us in here possess redialed watches and love them. But we know they may sell at a lower price.

Not quite accurate, originality trumps condition.

This is a collector forum, not eBay, the reality is a heavily unoriginal watch is worth nothing to many here.
Edited:

Not quite accurate, originality trumps condition.

This is a collector forum, not eBay, the reality is a heavily unoriginal watch is worth nothing to many here.

It is worth almost nothing in terms of collector attractiveness, but it still has commercial value, probably higher for the non-collector who will get a fine watch.

When I mentioned the value of strap+buckle being worth more than the watch, it was to inform the seller of the sales potential in the strap.
Of course the watch still got value, even if redialed. A lot of us in here possess redialed watches and love them. But we know they may sell at a lower price.

yes that is true , the sad thing with these watches is they worth 10 Time more in pieces , well my opinion is it just deserve a good redial , but i’m too sentimental ;o)

I don't think you mentioned the background on the watch. Did you purchase it, or was it an heirloom??? Depending upon what you paid for it, you may take a beating reselling it. If it's an heirloom, I would have the dial refinished properly, have it serviced, and wear it.