Forums Latest Members

Looking for something specific in the Omega line...

1. martinman Jan 1, 2019

I'm currently wearing a 3513.51 reduced this as my daily. The bracelet is near perfect and overall the watch wears very well. The chronograph and date function get almost daily use. And I love the reverse "panda" styling. Now the bad - I love every part about it except the size. At 39mm I think it's small for my 7.5" wrist.

I went to an Omega boutique and tried almost all of the current production models on. The 44s were too big, and some of the 41s were too thick. Mostly, it was a combination Speedmaster special editions, Aqua Terra, Seamasters, etc. The winner? The new Seamaster at 42mm. Hrm. No chrono, *but* I can use the bezel to do what I need to do. Even the 2018 Seamaster at 41 was a close second (actually, it's a very very close tie between the two).

I know historically Omega has many special editions and variations of the popular models. I'm thinking I can find something on the used market, but I have no idea what references to look for - hoping you can help.

Ideally, here are features I want:
    Size: 41-43
    Thickness: Nothing more than 15mm
    Dial: Good contrast (this is why I like panda / reverse panda)
    Function: date + chronograph
    Bracelet: Not too bulky (the seamaster buckle is a bit oversized).
    Movement: Auto or manual - no quartz

Older DeVille's, Broad Arrows, Speedmaster Racing, maybe a michael schumacher seem to be the only choice. Are there any others that I'm missing?