Forums Latest Members

Looking for something nice for the girlfriend - Omega 2540

1. Timmert Sep 11, 2017

Hi guys,

I didn't want to open an entire new thread for this, so I'll ask here:

Looking for something nice for the girlfriend, and came across the watch below. Guess what, it's from the same seller...
    Omega 2540
    It's not extremely expensive (list price €680), and it looks nice to me. Here's the link if anyone is interested in reading the entire offering.
    From what I could gather, the dial is original, movement is sound. Not sure what going on with the lume on the hands?
    Seller even offers to send the watch, have me examine it, and only wire the money after I decide to keep it...
    Sounds reasonable, but I would like your advice on it!

Let me know what you think.

Tim

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 20.06.08.png Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 20.06.20.png Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 20.06.31.png

2. lillatroll Sep 12, 2017

So I know nothing about this watch or watches from this era. Doing a quick Google search I found other models with the reference 2540-8 have a 265 movement number while the pictures you have show a 255 number. This might or might not mean that either the case back is wrong or the movement is wrong. It could also mean that different movements were used, but it is something to look into before you proceed. The seller used to be a member here and was, I believe, banned, which is quite an achievement for this forum. I would not spend one penny on a watch from him even if he was the only seller in the universe based on his behaviour on this forum.

Archer and ConElPueblo like this.