Forums Latest Members

Looking for some information about OMEGA Seamaster 471, Automatic

1. piero May 15, 2015

Hello :)
    I'm a new member and finally I was able to buy my first Omega cal. 471, 20 jewels movement.
    Because I (still) know very little about I'd like to know your opinion on the watch. I hope first of all that is authentic...
    If so, I would really appreciate if you could tell me the year of production and maybe some more detail on this model. The seller told me that everything is original except the band, the dial should be also original but has been refined.
    Thank you all!

Omega1.JPG $_57.JPG $_57 (4).JPG O2.JPG $_12.JPG $_12 (1).JPG $_12 (2).JPG
  2. Giff2577 Quick with the tools! May 15, 2015

Congratulations on your first Omega! I'm no expert but It looks authentic. The 2802 is from 1957 I believe. The 470 and 471 were Omega's first full rotor automatics. The 471 having a higher jewel count. They are a little on the small side but I like them and have one in my collection. The "refined" (refinished) dial hurts the value a little to collectors. It seems that many black Seamasters are redials. I just purchased one. Your dial looks better than the one in my avitar. My avitar is off a 471 Omega also.

Edited May 15, 2015
    piero likes this.
  3. piero May 15, 2015

Dear Giff2577, thank you very much for your comment on my watch! I really appreciate the informations you could provide! Yours was the first feedback relating the watch and I'm somewhat relieved to read some good news because I didn't know what to think about. Thank you again :) .

Giff2577 likes this.