Looking for seller reviews: Pre-Owned Omega Vintage Watches Resell

Good afternoon all!

I am new to this forum, so I hope the Open Discussion section is the correct place for this post. If not, my apologies in advance!

I am looking at a Speedmaster Reduced ref. 3510.50 from a Facebook group called Pre-Owned Omega Vintage Watches Resell. The piece appears to be in great original condition and comes as a full kit. I used the Google photo scanning tool to see if I could locate the posted photos elsewhere online and no results were returned, this seems promising.

The sales post was cross posted to a Canadian Facebook group so I contacted the person running the account and inquired about the piece. I was told that he is located in Austin, Texas and assumed the price listed was quite obviously in USD, he replied that it was in Canadian funds. This seemed odd being an American page. The seller claims to be reputable (who wouldn't..) and has many "five star reviews". There are many active and sold posts on the page, yet very little interaction from folks which once again seems odd.

With all this stated, I was hoping to find out if anyone here had interacted with this reseller and if they would vouch for their credibility or lack thereof.

Thanks!!

Could you tell by his accent that he was Texan or Canadian with your email communication?:D

I guess you can have him send you a few pictures with the watch set at various times with the daily Newspaper showing the date. And then maybe ask to pay in the currency where he is located if you are satisfied with his actions?

I would think long and hard before buying a watch with a too-good-to-be-true price from an unknown person on a sketchy platform. Especially a commodity watch that's so easy to find.

If he apologized for the confusion, he’s Canadian ;)

Like 2