Forums Latest Members
  1. rebecca1 Sep 4, 2013

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 4, 2013

At this point, probably the FS section in this forum.

Hijak likes this.
  3. rebecca1 Sep 4, 2013

Can you please point me towards the "FS Section"? New to the forum......sorry. And thanks again!

4. Hijak Sep 4, 2013

:thumbsup: I have purchased several watches using the For Sale thread here with excellent results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!::love:: Here are a few...

14k cal. 500, circa 1954
    Omega 14k #2.JPG

14381-2 cal. 551, circa 1961
    Omega Constellation Pie Pan 1961, 1.jpg

136.011 cal. 611 circa 1964
    Seamaster 600, 1.JPG

2767 cal. 354 circa 1954
    Wrist Shot.JPG

2577 cal. 352 circa 1952
    Wrist Shot.JPG

3594.50 cal. 1861 circa 1999
    Wrist Shot.JPG

These were all on the For Sale thread since May of 2013...MANY incredible watches to be had here and this is just a few of what was available. You wont find better prices at any brick and mortar watch dealer either!:) (I've tried) The watches offered for sale, on this forum, are of a consistent quality that i have not seen elsewhere!:thumbsup:

Just my two cents...

Alpha likes this.
  5. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Sep 4, 2013

Another in favour of the fs section or if you know what you are after the wtb

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 4, 2013

My vote also goes to FS forum in here. Followed closely second to Ebay guided by our recommendation thread for Omega Vintage.

7. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Sep 4, 2013

Other than the FS section, there are reputable dealers out there but you have to bear in mind that they are a business and need to make a profit margin as well as cover overheads.

Where you are located in the world will help members guide you to them.

8. rebecca1 Sep 4, 2013

I'm located in Kansas City. thanks.

9. KCScott Sep 4, 2013

Hi rebecca1,
    I live in the Kansas City area as well. I found a really pleasant shop in downtown Parkville. It's called Cool Vintage Watches. I stopped in there on a Saturday morning a couple of weeks ago. The owners name is John Putnam, he's a nice guy and willing to show you anything you'd like to see. Web site coolvintagewatches.com

10. CdnWatchDoc Sep 4, 2013

What gorgeous pieces!! I will keep my eye on the FS section now, too! And :thumbsup:

11. Hijak Sep 4, 2013

Thank you...there are some real nice pierces there right now!:thumbsup:

12. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Sep 4, 2013

Hi Rebecca, Hi Scott,
    I'm east of Columbia, halfway to St. Looey. Welcome to the forum! Now, where exactly is this cool shop in Parkville?
    Seriously, if you want to search on your own, whether shops or ebay, post pictures and info here before you buy and you will get world class appraisals and advice and it will only cost you some friendship and some courtesy. The members here are devoted to watch collecting and are extremely supportive of any honest, civil person with interest in this fascinating hobby.
    Browse through the old WRUW threads in the OPEN CONVERSATION forum and you will see the coolest watches in the world!
    Once your tastes have been determined, it becomes very easy at first to find the first watch........then it becomes very difficult to find the last watch!

It's like my friend says about booze, one is too many.... and a case is not enough!

NT931 likes this.
  13. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 4, 2013

Quote of the year ............:thumbsup:

14. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Sep 4, 2013

15. KCScott Sep 4, 2013

Hi Uncle Buck,
    The store is located in old downtown Parkville by the river. On the east side of the main drag. He has a lot more watches than he has posted on the web site. He has a large selection of straps as well as other collectables like vintage audio equipment, records and old cameras. I live in Blue Springs. Have a daughter in school at Mizzou and one that just graduated from there in May.
    Regards from a fellow Missourian,
    Scott

UncleBuck likes this.
  16. rebecca1 Sep 5, 2013

Thoughts on this watch - hope the pic is sufficient

watch.jpg
  17. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member Sep 5, 2013

http://www.coolvintagewatches.com/

I have it from a person who has been there in the flesh that his internet listings lag well behind what he actually has in stock.

EDIT: Yeah, what he said

18. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Sep 5, 2013

Looks like a nice Seamaster Pro, hard to tell much from low resolution picture. Looks good from this distance but so would my mother-in-law.
    Can you get better photo's ?
    Try for dial close-up, caseback , inside caseback and the movement if you can. Just like a car, it's hard to judge without a close look and checking under the hood.
    Don't feel like you are imposing on the seller, this is a normal request in this field. If they hesitate to provide info, be fearful they may be covering something up. After all, this is no Timex, we are talking serious money.

One last thing, watches of this era are often discussed on the "Modern" Omega forum, click "Forums" button on top, and then modern.

I admire your taste even though I favor the older birds.

Tritium likes this.