Forums Latest Members

Looking for recommendations on where to send my 300 GMT ref 2534.50 for repair in the US

1. cw_mi Jul 11, 2018

I would love to start wearing this watch again, it is in need of some repair though. I know it needs a hour wheel replaced, probably a good cleaning and the bracelet "Bond" style needs the sliding clasp repaired / replaced. Being this is a 20 year old watch , hopefully I can get the bracelet working again, and find a replacement hour wheel.

2. jcmartinez98 Jul 11, 2018

Your nearest omega boutique can send it away for you. Will come back looking and working like new

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. Meme-Dweller Jul 11, 2018

got pics of the watch for a little show & tell?

Gruesome likes this.
  4. cw_mi Jul 11, 2018

Wouldn't sending it back to Omega , which is what I assume the local boutique would do take the longest time and be the most expensive ?

Here is a pic of it on canvas
    https://i.imgur.com/oZhCkeN.jpg

5. Meme-Dweller Jul 11, 2018

$550 + sales tax with a 4-6 week turnaround time. That's pretty much industry average. You could probably get it done for around $300-400 from independents, but Omega gives a 2 year warranty after service.

6. jcmartinez98 Jul 11, 2018

And if you think of the fact that you should be getting them regularly serviced every 5 to 8 years, thenspread the difference in cost out over to that period of time really is minimal. It certainly is what I would do.

7. cw_mi Jul 12, 2018

That is definitely a reasonable price and timeframe. Not to mention the 2 year warranty. It sounds like the route I should go , with out a doubt. In the past I had a really good guy I would send my watches to, great work, fast turnaround then he sort of flipped out. He originally had this one and was going to do the work but after he flipped out It took a lot of work and threats to finally get it back... not repaired. This is why I've been really hesitant to send it out anywhere again.

8. jcmartinez98 Jul 12, 2018

Omega won’t keep it

Do it

cw_mi likes this.