Forums Latest Members

Looking for opinions -Seamaster 30 + Seamaster Gold Filled

1. agee Jan 6, 2017

I found these 2 Omegas while watch hunting today. I did not buy either-wanted to get opinions first.
    I was not able to open either watch, but both are running + keeping good time. I checked them 3 hours later and they were both still keeping accurate time. I would have to buy them as is unopened to get them
    1. Seamaster 30 manual wind in all steel case has a bit of moisture related discoloration between 3-5:00 more noticeable under magnification, but can be seen in my photo. Dial looks original to me with Swiss Made below 6:00. Crystal is non Omega and a replacement with an incorrect date window at 6:00. Crown is marked Omega but a bit loose. Nice looking dial. On a generic leather strap-asking $300
    2. Gold Cap/ Steel Back Seamaster Automatic with initials DGB + 1955 engraved on back. I believe the dial has been redone-no Swiss Made on dial, a few indices and plots seem a bit off to me. Omega crown , non Omega crystal. Omega marked buckle with "Stainless Steel" on reverse-asking $450
    Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated and if anyone in interested I can go back tomorrow and purchase one or both
    Thanks for the help
    Pictures below
    IMG_0266.JPG IMG_0267.JPG IMG_0268.JPG IMG_0269.JPG IMG_0270.JPG IMG_0271.JPG

Edited Jan 7, 2017
  2. Edward53 Jan 7, 2017

The dial on the GC has been redone. Clumsy a in Seamaster and M in AUTOMATIC, and the A in OMEGA is too big. For me that's a parts watch. The SM30 dial has a bit of discoloration at 11 as well, pity as it looks good otherwise. Personally I don't buy watches that want fixing just because they're cheap as the hassle usually outweighs the reward. I only buy them if I really like them or there is an obvious profit.

3. agee Jan 7, 2017

Thanks
    Probably going to pass on the Seamaster 30 but nice watch for the price-$300
    If anyone wants it, PM me and we can work something out
    I am willing to buy and ship it to anyone who wants it
    The Gold Filled Seamaster is also available, but has a re done dial