Forums Latest Members

looking for Omega Speedster 3511.50 face

1. chrismx72 Dec 23, 2015

Hi,
    I am new here but a omega and rolex watch enthusiast.

Iv just recently purchased a speedster 3511.50 (the Japanese model) . I purchased it knowing of the damage to the face which, is a small chip .

I was just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction as to where I can get parts for this watch in the UK I would greatly appreciate it.
    See attached photos of the watch and damage.

IMG_5242.JPG IMG_5233.JPG IMG_5235.JPG

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 23, 2015

Hello - it looks like the face (dial) is fine and it's the crystal that is damaged. If that's the case, you need a part number 062SN3002 domed sapphire crystal, and a 298EG3063 crystal gasket. The gaskets are deformed on installation, so are really a one time use only item, at least if you want the watch to seal properly.

In terms of where to get this, you could always try the material suppliers like Cousins, or you can always locate a watchmaker that has an Omega parts account who can buy the crystal directly from Omega and also install it for you. This is not really a DIY job as you need a very good crystal press and appropriate dies to press the crystal in place.

Cheers, Al

3. chrismx72 Dec 24, 2015

Al ,

Fantastic and thanks for your reply !! Much appreciated .

4. chrismx72 Dec 24, 2015

While I'm at it and iv got the crystal face off I was going to replace the hands as they no longer glow in the dark and this is a feature I find a necessity . Don't suppose you could supply me with part numbers for those too ? How do you find out these part numbers to save me coming on here and waisting peoples time like your selfs .

The automatic movement seems quite noisey , as I understand it these movements are known to be nosey but just how bad ? At what point do I think "this is too noisey I need to get this ripped apart and serviced"

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 24, 2015

You can't look these parts up easily - I am looking them up on the Omega Extranet which is not available to the general public. Any watchmaker with a spare parts account with Swatch should be able to look these up for you, depending on what the policies for access are in their specific countries...

Anyway, the hands are:

Sub-dial hands X3 - 066TP3805

Hour/minute hands - 065PP3800

Chrono seconds hand - 066TP3801

Cheers, Al

6. chrismx72 Dec 24, 2015

Fantastic thank you ever so much Al , top banana !

7. christopher.kill Mar 10, 2016

Does this look legit, got it today from global elady[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Edited Mar 12, 2016
  8. christopher.kill Mar 10, 2016

Afraid to open the back, though I read they pop off, if I do will that help, it's definitely running at 28,800, in last 8 hours it's accurate

9. christopher.kill Mar 10, 2016

Anyone have any in depth info on these, very limited on the search, does it have a sapphire, seller said it's from 1991

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 11, 2016

Serial #53937352 is a ref. 35115000, so serial and reference match. It has a Cal. 1152 inside (based on an ETA 7750 with some modifications) and the watch looks completely fine to me.

Cheers, Al

christopher.kill likes this.