Forums Latest Members
  1. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jun 2, 2016

This beauty just arrived this morning from Albania. I feel very fortunate to have found a seller that is trustworthy and straight forward about the condition of his watches. This is my second purchase from him.
    2016-05-05 006.JPG 2016-05-05 007.JPG
    Original unpolished case, original dial and all lume still in place. 565 movement working well and looks good. Has the wrong crown but I can work with that and that cyclops ???

2. dragoman Jun 2, 2016

:thumbsup: Nice piece.

If you ever look for a bracelet, take into account that your watch it is the short lugged one.

Once I got mad trying to use the wrong endlinks with my short lugged Ancorina.

3. TNTwatch Jun 2, 2016

Nice looking watch! Is it just the angle or the second hand is really shorter than the minute hand?

4. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jun 2, 2016

Both. The tip of the second hand is about 1mm short of the tip of the minute hand. Funny that you mention that because I thought the tail end looked a little short compared to pictures I have seen.
    While I have been looking for an Admiralty I saw your post about not realizing that these Admiralty's have two different lug lengths. I laughed in a moment of relief. The same wake up call happened to me just the other day, right after I sent the seller the money. A moment of panic and then recognition, I had been looking at theses watches for months and never realized that I was looking at two different cases. I was seeing the forest but not the tree.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 3, 2016

You know you can never have too many, keep up the hunt :D

Just to tweak your interest (but definitely not for sale).

Admiral04JUN16.JPG

TNTwatch and kingsrider like this.
  6. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jun 3, 2016

Hi Jim, how do I go about figuring out what is the correct sweep hand for my watch?

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jun 3, 2016