Forums Latest Members

LOOKING for my Pre-Moon Speedmaster

1. notasucker May 11, 2015

Looking for the person that bought my Pre-Moon Speedmaster from the pawn shop in Winter Park, FL. I had to get a loan on it and was two days late on the payment and they sold it out from under me. This watch means the world to me as it was handed down to me from my father. I am willing to pay more that you bought it for just to get it back! PLEASE! If you are reading this and bought the watch please contact me and we can work something out. All I want is the watch back as it has great sentimental value to me.

SN#17765045
    321 Movement

photo1.JPG
    hansmaulwurf likes this.
  2. lwong May 11, 2015

That was not a wise move. Given its a very desirable 2998 I'm quite sure you won't be getting it back.

Tjmmartin likes this.
  3. lillatroll May 11, 2015

Your probably right Iw:)ng but if it was me who bought his watch and I read this I would let him buy it back.

4. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder May 11, 2015

I wouldn't.

It doesn't add up.

If the watch was so precious to the op I don't believe it was the only way out of his situation. And then to forget to pick it up?

If all that is true, then the op is going to loose this precious watch again through unmanagability, should someone be foolish enough to give it back to him.

Apart from the fact that the op will be shocked at what he would have to pay to get it back.

lando, gophishin, lwong and 1 other person like this.
  5. Tjmmartin May 11, 2015

A very big ouch....but I agree with Iwong....it wasn't me by the way!

6. lwong May 11, 2015

It's a fantastically nice gesture, but a moot point since none of us thus far was the one to step into said pawnshop and experience the rush of seeing a 2998 at what was probably a bargain price.

If it were someone on OF you'd be seeing a thread started by now.

7. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches May 11, 2015

Life's lessons are sometimes hard. Some even learn from them. Perhaps the experience has taught a valuable lesson in this instance.

8. gophishin May 11, 2015

Maybe it truly was "lesson learned" and this person now understands the value (intrinsic or monetary), and I certainly do not know what situation they were in, but I'm with Spacefruit on this one, something seems odd.

9. alam May 11, 2015

and the p shop does not keep records to perhaps reach out the buyer and pass the information from the op? :cautious:

10. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. May 11, 2015

As we used to say in the military...Bravo Uniform Lima Lima - Sierra Hotel India Tango

lando, bazamu, Bienne2998 and 2 others like this.
  11. threeputtbogey May 13, 2015

Sorry to hear this. Good luck in your search.

12. bazamu wincer, not a bidder May 13, 2015

Honestly not trying to question the validity of the story - whether or not it's true isn't for me to decide. OP, don't take the next part to heart if you're telling the truth.

Now, with that disclaimer out of the way - quite a slippery way to try to get hands on a piece that someone had observed at a pawn shop, gone to get money for, and then come back to purchase only to see that it was already gone. Would be truly curious to know how much this one sold for.

13. lillatroll May 13, 2015

I am starting to think that this is a bit fishy. If I were the OP I would check this page regularly and would respond to the Suspicions posted but there hasn't been a peep out of him since the first post. I hope that his is a true story and that he is not a ruffian trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes.

gophishin likes this.
  14. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter May 13, 2015

lillatroll and lwong like this.
  15. italy1861 May 13, 2015

16. lwong May 13, 2015

Well done George! You have both resolved the OP's headache and added to it at the same time! ;)

gemini4 likes this.
  17. repoman May 14, 2015

Closed auction.... Deal must have been struck offline. OP, did you get it back?

18. Fer Seamaster May 15, 2015

Weird story: so valuable that I forget getting it back, pawn shop with no records of buyers...

Furthermore, If I had have found that watch in a pawn shop with a good price, I would not let it part away in any case.