Forums Latest Members
  1. JamieTheBarber Dec 1, 2015

image.jpg image.jpg Hi all, I've inherited an Omega Constellation Calendar stainless steel with a rice bead strap. The watch is 1960's I believe and the movement is a 504. It's in quite good condition aesthetically and the watch works fine all except the date function.

There is no box or papers but I'm interested in finding out as much as I can. I.e worth, actual year and if it's rare or not?

I know very little about watches so please excuse my ignorance!

Thank you :)

watch image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Canuck Dec 1, 2015

JamieTheBarber likes this.
  3. JamieTheBarber Dec 1, 2015

4. ulackfocus Dec 1, 2015

If it's a caliber 504 with that dial (and I'd be certain it is unless it was assembled from parts even if you didn't mention it), it's pre-1960. That's a Beads or Rice bracelet (BoR for short).

Are the hands gold or steel? They should be gold plated to match the dial furniture (indices, or markers).

If sold on eBay, you'd get around $1000-ish for it in it's current unserviced and raw condition. DON'T have it polished by some ham handed schmuck and lose the crisp edges, especially on that bezel and case back. DO have the movement serviced by a professional if you plan on wearing it.

Great heirloom!

5. cristos71 Dec 1, 2015

Looks like a redial to me, I don't like the size of the word Calendar, nor the pointed 'A' s and the minute track looks strangely located too

6. gop76 Dec 1, 2015

The pointed "A"s doesn't seem right...

If it's a redial will affect his value, the issue with the date function also. In the other hand the bracelet is beautiful (at least to me) and increase value.

Anyway, and according to value, seems to me that is more next to $500 than $1000