Forums Latest Members

Looking for information on a Constellation Meister Calendar dial

1. ryancharles Feb 22, 2019

E4D8CE6C-E6D1-4965-8293-D1B3FBD3A308.jpeg 442BF7C6-869E-4591-B70E-56744ABFAB5F.jpeg 3C2B0713-6D32-4E7F-977B-79FC6401859C.jpeg 9FEA3221-B72F-4198-90AF-912DFA751ABA.jpeg E9DD32E8-2BCA-406C-9B8F-28A4028DDAC8.jpeg hello everyone,

I was looking at this particular model and have never come across a Meister on the dial and was wondering if anyone had info about it. Was this rare?

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 22, 2019

Leister was a German Jeweler that marked the dials on some watches they sold.

Otherwise it’s the same as others of the same reference as marked on the caseback.

It is sometimes faked.

3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Feb 22, 2019

Do a search on Meister here on OF and you will see many other examples, including Speedmasters. In general, most feel a Meister-dialed watch is worth no more than the regular dials of the same models.

Peemacgee and Foo2rama like this.
  4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Feb 23, 2019

Some dealers think that Meister / Turler (whatever) signed dials add value to a watch.
    I suspect most collectors do not.

Edited Feb 24, 2019
    qazwsx1, MtV and Davidt like this.
  5. fskywalker Feb 24, 2019

I think they are cool. You can also see Turler and Tiffany dials as well on the older Omega watches as these stores also customized the dials on watches they sold

6. RoadRunner73 Mar 17, 2023

I am digging out this thread as I regularly see quite a few "Türler" / "Meister" Omega watches on sale, mainly offered by Japanese sellers ; so I did a bit of a search, and this is briefly what I found :

- Both are Swiss companies
    - MEISTER was a goldsmith, founded his business in 1881 and opened his first shop in Zurich
    - TURLER was a watchmaker, founded his business in Biel, the heart of swiss watchmaking, and then moved to Zurich

The corresponding shops are still exisiting, and in pretty good shape.

Both have been selling Omega watches for ages, and got Omega to add their names on the dials of some of the watches sold through their network. But I believe Omega now has stopped adding their names on any of its watches, unless a couple of special orders maybe, which I am then not aware of.

I was wondering whether this adds to the watch value to have one of these names on the dials, but apart from the fact that it indicates without any possible doubt (apart from fake dials...) where it has first been sold to, it is more than likely that loads of watches have been sold over the past decades via these companies, mostly to the North American markets, and Asia of course.

7. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Mar 17, 2023

I also found that redialers love to add Turler, Meister or Tiffany & Co on their dials to make them look original.

tamura and Mark020 like this.
  8. RoadRunner73 Mar 17, 2023

Yeah ; they believe this will add to the authenticity of the watch ! :mad:
    I am personally a bit puzzled by these ORIGINAL addings : OK this says that the watch went through a well-known sales channel, so fair point ; but on the other hand, it also "poisons" the initial dial, which in my opinion looks so much smarter without, especially on a Pie Pan.

hoipolloi likes this.
  9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 17, 2023

Turler, Meister, Tiffany, and Cartier to name a few generally put thier names on the dial not Omega.

extracts if the archive can sometimes be used to validate the connection.

10. RoadRunner73 Mar 18, 2023

I am surprised it is not Omega itself which puts these names on the dials : it would mean that the watches would have been disassembled individually up to the dial, and would be surprised if Omega had accepted it on brand new watches prior to its sale, and what about the related extra cost ?
    I'd rather think it's been made to order (X pieces of this model - Y pieces of that one...) and delivered to the seller, as it is stated on the Extract of Archives, eg : " Delivered to : Switzerland, Meister-Uhren AG, Zürich "

11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 18, 2023

they where are all high end jewelers with thier own watch makers on site. Opening a watch and removing the movement and hands would be trivial.

them having a silk screen ball to put their logo on the dial would be expected.