Forums Latest Members
  1. Baxter8 May 12, 2016

Hello all,

My grandfather's watch had come down to me. Laid in a drawer for years. just had it repaired (new balance wheel). Great to have it running again. Bit small for modern times to wear often, but really glad to have it working and remembering my grandfather. The repairers said it was from ca. 1935-1939. Seeking any additional info from you good people, including:
    - does it have a model name? anything more specific on the date?
    - what calibre would it be?
    - numbers on the movement and the caseback do not match - is this an issue or do they refer to different things?
    - anything else of interest?
    Cheers, B WP_20160513_003.jpg

WP_20160511_002.jpg WP_20160511_006.jpg

Tire-comedon and GuiltyBoomerang like this.
  2. mac_omega May 13, 2016

Looks fine and legit - not sure about the winding crown, this might be a replacement.

Other than this it looks authentic with a good condition dial for it´s age.

Movement is a cal. 26.5

Tire-comedon and ConElPueblo like this.
  3. Baxter8 May 13, 2016

Hi, thanks so much for the response. Do you just recognise the calibre type or is it indicated somewhere on there that I haven't noticed? What do the numbers on the caseback refer to?
    Appreciate your help.

4. mac_omega May 13, 2016

You should have read my previous response more carefully - caliber is already mentioned there: cal. 26.5
    number on the case back is the case serial number

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 13, 2016

Internet confusion here.

Yes, @mac_omega does recognise the caliber.
    This is a skill based on years of research of vintage Omega calibers and the ability to recognise the layout of bridges, clicks, stems, wheels etc.

If you look closely under the balance you should see the caliber number stamped on the main plate.

As Erich said, the number on the caseback is just the case serial number.

GuiltyBoomerang and ConElPueblo like this.
  6. Tire-comedon First Globemaster May 14, 2016

Hi,
    Nice little 26.5, with an usual lug shape for Omega 26.5. I have one identical, I need to take a decent picture and will post it. There is probably no name for this model, as Omega used mainly ref numbers (starting with CK for stainless stell case ones) during this period. There were a very few exceptions (St Christophe, Chantilly, Monaco, Marine, Naiad, Pupitre, Armure, Foibos, Euroos, Dedalos...). It was only later that they created their lines (Seamaster, Speedmaster, Constellation, DeVille, Cosmic, Genève). In the early 70s, some specific models had some names also (like the Deauville).

The fact that the case serial number and the caliber one don't match is normal with Omega.

7. Baxter8 May 18, 2016

Thank you all for responding with so much information. This forum is very beneficial to a beginner like me.

And fun!

SpikiSpikester likes this.