Looking for info on 1963 Seamaster 30

I’m looking for a 1963 Seamaster 30, stainless steel with a black dial. I found one in Singapore, but that’s the only pic/watch I could find online. This made me think maybe that year watch didn’t come with a black dial, so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Black dials are much less common, and many are repainted. If you post some good photos of the watch you found, we can probably give you some feedback.

In general, if you are looking for something rare, it can be helpful to see if you can expand your options, in this case by considering additional references, colors, or years ... if you have any flexibility at all. If you made a brief introduction and provided some context, we might be able to make suggestions.

Black dials are much less common, and many are repainted. If you post some good photos of the watch you found, we can probably give you some feedback.

In general, if you are looking for something rare, it can be helpful to see if you can expand your options, in this case by considering additional references, colors, or years ... if you have any flexibility at all. If you made a brief introduction and provided some context, we might be able to make suggestions.

Thanks for the response, attached is the pic of the watch. Apparently it is not working, not sure what’s wrong with it or how hard it would be to fix, but it’s a very beautiful watch.

I hesitate to say much based on that photo, but at first glance, I don't like the printing and the hands appear to have lume, while the dial does not. I could be proven wrong by a clear straight-on photo, but my gut feeling is that the dial is repainted.

Like 1
I hesitate to say much based on that photo, but at first glance, I don't like the printing and the hands appear to have lume, while the dial does not. I could be proven wrong by a clear straight-on photo, but my gut feeling is that the dial is repainted.

Those were some of my thoughts too, but since I don’t have much experience with vintage Omegas, I thought I’d ask around. Thanks for your time, much appreciated.

Like 1