Looking for info on 1939(?) Omega 2165

Hey there! New to this, first vintage watch. Just purchased this, and now starting to second guess its authenticity. I found a similar example for sale but the dial was not exactly the same. Watch was shipped from India if that helps. Have only found a picture of one other that says Non Magnetic under Omega?

I love the watch, but would like as much info as possible. Thank you so much!

20210405_221331.jpg Screenshot_20210405-221431_Gallery.jpg 20210405_221450.jpg Screenshot_20210405-221523_Gallery.jpg 20210405_221546.jpg 20210405_221619.jpg

The dial has been refinished. Sometimes this is actually indicated in the listing if you read carefully.

The dial has been refinished. Sometimes this is actually indicated in the listing if you read carefully.

Is it worth it to look for a correct dial? Does it drastically affect the value? Thanks for the info!!

It's quite doubtful you would be able to find an original dial for this particular reference, but you can obviously try. A refinished dial does have a substantial influence on the value to collectors. People who are just looking for an interesting watch to wear won't really care. Of course, without knowing what you paid, it's hard to judge whether your price was fair.

It's quite doubtful you would be able to find an original dial for this particular reference, but you can obviously try. A refinished dial does have a substantial influence on the value to collectors. People who are just looking for an interesting watch to wear won't really care. Of course, without knowing what you paid, it's hard to judge whether your price was fair.
Okay, thanks again. Is it possible to find out a rough value in its current condition? Just trying to decide if I should bring it somewhere local or if someone here is able to help with approximate value? Unfortunately I misread (or just looked at a million watch listings and overlooked it) the case size and it is much smaller than I anticipated, so I may end up selling to find something different. Thanks!

With the small size and refinished dial, I'm afraid that it might not be easy to sell. Maybe somewhere in the $150 range? With an original dial in good condition, it would probably be about twice that amount, I'm guessing. Unless there is something special about this particular reference that I'm not aware of. If you hang around, I'm sure others will also make their opinions known.

With the small size and refinished dial, I'm afraid that it might not be easy to sell. Maybe somewhere in the $150 range? With an original dial in good condition, it would probably be about twice that I'm guessing.
Okay, thanks so much for all of the info! Maybe I'll just hang on to it and it can be a reminder for me to do my research before purchasing! Lol thanks

I have found a good general rule of thumb is, if it’s from India it has a refinished dial.