Looking for help with a Reference number/ authentication on my watch.

Disclaimer. I am someone with little to no experience with vintage watches and i purchased this when i was 19, and was getting more interested in timepieces.

Back in 2019 I purchased this timepiece as a celebration for a promotion at work. It was purchased through Chrono24 and at the time I thought I was getting a great deal. I took it to a watchmaker when I got it and he said it was legit. Content with that I left and didn't think much of it. But always in the back of my head I questioned it. If anyone knows the Reference number or any info on why I cant find anything exactly like this one would be appreciated. Places of concern are the dial text at the bottom, haven't seen any with that text. The crown doesn't have the omega logo. Finally the caseback seems off to me.

(I had the strap replaced as it was in unusable condition)
Edited:

Welcome to OF! I am certainly no expert but at first glance it appears to possibly be one of the many variations of Seamasters for the mid 20th century. Either the image quality doesn’t come through for me on mobile or the source isn’t very high quality but you’ll want to identify the caliber of the movement which seems like it might be 266 or 288? There also might be a serial on the movement that can help identify it.

if you enjoy the watch I say wear it in good health and be happy about it. I’m sure learning more about its history will bring you some satisfaction but don’t be too bothered if you find out it’s not a museum quality specimen.

There are a lot of great threads on here about watches from that era. If you spend a little time to do some research of your own folks will be a lot more receptive to help.

Best of luck in your journey!

Welcome to OF! I am certainly no expert but at first glance it appears to possibly be one of the many variations of Seamasters for the mid 20th century. Either the image quality doesn’t come through for me on mobile or the source isn’t very high quality but you’ll want to identify the caliber of the movement which seems like it might be 266 or 288? There also might be a serial on the movement that can help identify it.

if you enjoy the watch I say wear it in good health and be happy about it. I’m sure learning more about its history will bring you some satisfaction but don’t be too bothered if you find out it’s not a museum quality specimen.

There are a lot of great threads on here about watches from that era. If you spend a little time to do some research of your own folks will be a lot more receptive to help.

Best of luck in your journey!
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I always have enjoyed it and will continue too for the rest of my life. And yes the caliber is 266 if that helps.

Your serial number dates the movement to around 1955.
The dial has obviously been repainted which isn't unusual in watches of this vintage. It was often done as part of a service.
The T-SWISS MADE-T marks are an indicator of a redial as well, the "Ts" indicate the use of tritium luminous compound but Omega didn't start using it until about 1962/1963.

I suspect the original caseback may have become lost/mixed up during servicing as that one doesn't look "Omega" to me. If it is an Omega caseback, it should have an Omega symbol and reference numbers on the inside.

All things considered, it's a decent movement and should last for years if properly maintained and as you noted, you enjoy the watch, and that's the main thing.

Could be a re-cased Omega movement with a re-painted dial.

Hmmm never knew that people did that.

I had the same thoughts, but without being able to check the watch myself it's only guesswork.

Just a theory.

Somebody bought a nice Omega about 1955 and wore it 24/7 for a few years until the case was badly damaged in an incident.

The owner liked the watch so much that rather than bin it, he took it to his local watchmaker (they were everywhere in that era).
The watchmaker, knowing how much the owner liked his Omega, and knowing that the case was toast, sourced a replacement case for his Omega movement/dial combo, restored the dial and serviced the movement and sent the owner happily on his way.

Back then, watch owners weren't conducting microscopic forensic examinations of minute tracks, checking for the correct number of teeth on the crown, timing lume endurance with a UV torch and a stopwatch etc etc.

They were just wearing their watches and enjoying them.