Forums Latest Members

WTB Looking for broken f300 (electronic) parts

1. Tonydg Jan 28, 2014

Hi,

Now that I have my first f300, and I have been diving into their makeup a bit, I want to see if I can repair the electronic side of them (coils, transistor, capacitor etc).

I don't want to pull mine apart so I am looking for some old/discarded and even dead f300 parts to play with.

Does anyone here have some that they are prepared to part with cheaply?

Eventually I will want some dead f300s to play with and see how far I can go, so will consider them also. At this stage I am not worried about looks - just so that the internals aren't corroded.

Also, any advice on how much it is reasonable to pay for these items will be appreciated

Thanks,
    Tony

2. Tonydg Feb 7, 2014

OK. Absolute stunning silence ... I guess the only option is to hit eBay ...

And it is addictive - my collection has grown to 3 now .... 2 in transit ...

3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 8, 2014

Not sure if it counts as an addiction until you've filled at least one watch box with them :p
    [​IMG]

4. Tonydg Feb 8, 2014

Nice .. though it appears I prefer the square faces ...

These look like variants on the one model .. is that correct?

I have one:
    Front view - small.jpg

and 2 being shipped ...
    $T2eC16hHJHcFFk!!7WgFBR2cPen,rQ~~60_57.JPG

Silver Const 4.JPG

They need work but hopefully will brush up well ...

Note sure about the second one with the sorry looking face .. not sure what my options are ...

I keep hearing bad things about redials and "restored" dials ... I guess I'll find out when I send then off ... At this stage I believe that Electric Watches is the palce to get this done ..

Tony.

5. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 8, 2014

Yes, they're all first generation Dynamics. Good luck with the restorations.

6. Tonydg Feb 8, 2014

By first generation do you mean f300 and not the 720 or later, or something else - like 1250 vs 1260 ?

Thanks,

7. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 8, 2014

Sorry I was talking about the Dynamics being first generation. They are not electronic. They're all manual or automatic wind.

8. Tonydg Feb 8, 2014

OK - sorry - I was a bit slow on the uptake ...the penny has dropped.

Thanks.

9. baudsenseless Mar 3, 2014

i wondered who was out bidding me on ebay !
    just wait until you decide you want the full set... currently have 2 omega f300's, 1 omega megasonic (identical to your bottom connie but f720), and other brands with the same movement..... zenith xl-tronic, certina certronic, eterna, and longines!

10. Tonydg Mar 4, 2014

Hi,

Was that you bidding for the "OMEGA ELECTRONIC MOVEMENT F300HZ,SS SCREW CROWN,MEN'S/PARTS" as well ? That just got too expensive for me ... and I was asleep when it ended ... 3 am is not the time to be bidding on eBay ...

I currently only have one working f300 - though the post office has just told me I have mail, so that may go up tomorrow (with the silver one at the bottom of the photos above).

The middle one hums, but no movement. I got another front half and swapped the rear section - no luck .. still just hums.

I am setting up a microscope (cheap electronic one I bought some time ago) to have a look at the workings to see what is happening ... but the software that came with it only shows a small window on the screen and another package I downloaded to try on the microscope could not find it - so some more work required ...

I am also intrigued by the other (early) electric/electronic watches so may end up collecting (casually) them (currently have a Timex Electric and a Caravelle Electronic - by Bulova - both in bad condition but may be able to be made to run). Interesting - these all only existed in a small window between mechanical and Quartz ..