Forums Latest Members

Looking for an Enlargement ring for Vintage '74 Geneve (or possibly Seamaster).

1. Comalcom Nov 7, 2014

Desperately in need of an Enlargement ring for '74 Geneve movement (or possibly seamaster).
    The case # = 166.0898 (and a 2nd number = 366.0464). It has Seamaster stamped in the back, but it may be a replacement back.
    The movement = 1010. SN = 38,534, 253

This watch has had some messing around with. Someone punched the edges of the enlargement ring to hold the movement. This caused the movement not to fit properly so that the self-winder catches on the back of the case and doesn't work.
    Here's a rough schematic of the ring and a pic of the ring with punches in it.

I don't have much more info, but a proper ring in the case will remedy this timepiece.
    Thanks in advance!!!

Omega enlargement ring dims.jpg Omega SeaMaster ring 2.jpg

2. marturx Nov 7, 2014

Is that a plastic ring?

3. Comalcom Nov 7, 2014

It's stainless steel I believe. The movement might even be a DeVille.

4. marturx Nov 7, 2014

I have a few spare 1030 movements, and they have plastic rings to see to it that they sits tight in the case. They come from scrapped goldwatches though

1030 is manual wound with date

5. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Nov 7, 2014

Must learn to read slowly, thought I saw engagement ring ::facepalm2::

6. marturx Nov 7, 2014

Going to propose to the lady, are you? :D

We'll keep our thumbs for you :thumbsup:

7. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Nov 7, 2014

Sorry the kids will have to be the first to know ;)

8. Comalcom Nov 7, 2014

No...not trying to get engaged...this trying to find the right support/enlargement ring.

Does anyone know of an Omega generic equivalent order number for the 166.0898 that's on the back of the case?--I think it might be a replacement for the original case. I called Otto Frei in Oakland and the 166.0898 did not come up as a known number.
    I know that the "1"= gentleman's style, "6"= self wind, "6" =water resistant/calendar.
    The other 4 numbers probably indicate the style???
    It looks like a Deville style, but know whos.

Here's a pic of the back...(is this orig or replacement?)
    case1010.jpeg

9. TNTwatch Nov 8, 2014

Have you tried to smooth out the damages and to make the ring true round? If the rotor gets stuck, I'd think it'd rather jam on those punched spots than on the case back. If those spots alter the movement's sitting it'd sit farther away from the case back not closer. The marks on the rotor appear to be corrosion, very common on this movement series and the back looks original with marker writing indicative of a previous service.

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 8, 2014

1660898 is certainly a known case number, so not sure what Otto Frei is talking about. However when I look it up on the Extranet, no enlargement ring is listed. Only parts listed for that reference are the crystal, crown, case tube, and case back seal.

Same with the 3660464 reference - only the crystal, crown, case tube, and case back gasket are listed - no enlargement ring.

So I tried searching using another method - first searching on the Cal. 1010 movement, and then searching for the enlargement rings that go with that movement. There are 2 listed - 079101020C and 079101021C, but again these are not listed with either case reference you have above.

Cheers, Al

11. Comalcom Nov 8, 2014

Thank you,Al for time spent doing some research--can you pls advice how I would order those enlargement rings--give #s to Otto Frei? I willing to spend a little to give the proper ring, Thanks again, Josh

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 8, 2014

You could try then yes. Just give them the part numbers and they should be able to order the parts I suspect.