Forums Latest Members

Looking for advice on first omega

1. Tacm Sep 18, 2013

Greetings,

This is my first post. I am along time lover of Omega. My grandfather wore this make exclusively. I'm looking for a vintage seamaster, but I want a metal band, not leather. I have a VERYlarge wrist so links must be available. Any advice? Sorry for the short post and the typos I'm on my ipad. I like the mid 60s watches

Steve

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 18, 2013

Are you after a dress watch or a sports watch? Seamasters of that era came in both types so you're fine either way

3. Tacm Sep 18, 2013

I like the sports look better. I go on eBay and see what I like, but I know very little about the specifics. I'm not some jerk or Internet troll tho since I found this forum tonight I have been reading non stop. I'd love a Link to the explanation of the .???.??? Movement numbers. I haven't found that yet. Sorry for being a noob

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 18, 2013

The watch you're probably after is the Seamaster 300, it was made from 1957 through the 1960s and is about a 41mm stainless steel diver with a range of bracelet options (the best IMO being the vintage mesh bracelet, which is excellent and comfortable as well as having a 60s feel about it). I did a review on the watchco version a year or two ago: http://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-seamaster-300-review.221/