Forums Latest Members
  1. Fost May 22, 2017

Hello

A friend of mine want a vintage watch with a rotating day ' days bezel' (MTWTFSS). I don't even now how we name this type of watch. Is it a special calendograph or something?
    Thanks for your help, and even better if you could give me some brand that manufactured this type of watches.

Thanks !!

2. akshayluc420 May 22, 2017

Can you imagine Harry Belafonte singing it as a 'Day-O-graph' bezel? :p

I don't think I've come across any watches like that. I'm intrigued, why is your friend looking for such a feature?

Paedipod and Fost like this.
  3. Vitezi May 22, 2017

The only vintage watch I can think of that gets close to your requirement is a 1960s Endura calendar watch that has the days (1-31) on the bezel and day names (MTWTFSS) on the interior:
    [​IMG]
    (thanks)

The famous Harvel Date-o-Graph is similar, but maybe looks more like a pointer-date:
    [​IMG]
    (thanks)

[​IMG]
    (thanks)

Fost and akshayluc420 like this.
  4. Fost May 22, 2017

The dato graph is really nice !!

In fact, he showed this picture and liked the fact that you can turn the bezel everyday :
    dato110.jpg

I was expecting to find Something better so i asked about the real name....Thanks again, the Harvel date-o-graph is really interesting :)

5. akshayluc420 May 22, 2017

I could be wrong, but I think the way to work it is to align the Day and Date once in the beginning of the month and then it will be sorted for the rest of the month. And then align it again when the next 1st of the month comes round.

I'm beginning to see the appeal, going around the dial/bezel, I can tell which dates would fall on which day without having to keep adding 7 (days); I went into my particular field because I suck at math!

6. Fost May 22, 2017

thanks for the explanation, i didn't even know how it was working :) I will try to explain him and will give him some advice about other watch watches with day and date :)