Forums Latest Members
  1. Maximus84 Jan 22, 2016

Hi all.

I have a '76 Quartz Constellation that was me grandfathers. It went to my dad when he died, and me when my father died. I've had it for years on the aftermarket expandable bracelet that I always remember my grandad having it on. However, I want to use it in more formal occasions and would like a leather strap for it.

I believe it came on a black croc strap (though never recall seeing it on a strap) and its 21mm I think. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    image.jpg

ahartfie likes this.
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 22, 2016

I think a brown croc (flat, not glossy) would look better on this and make wearing more flexible.

3. Maximus84 Jan 23, 2016

Well, I looked at various strap combos/colours and in the end went for the original scheme. Black alligator leather in the form of a Hirsch Duke. I want it only for specific formal occasions and I think this works well. I also like how it's back to the original scheme.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg
  4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 23, 2016

Good choice, classic and understated. :thumbsup:

5. Maximus84 Jan 23, 2016

Thanks. Black leather, and croc straps aren't normally my style, but I felt this watch deserved something special. It will get a proper outing in a few days when I head to London on a work trip!

6. Garv no longer a member of the terminally hip Jan 23, 2016

+1