Forums Latest Members

looking for a man's watch for the misses

1. KevinB Apr 7, 2016

My girlfriend has picked up an interest in my watch collection lately and because we all know there is nothing more sexy then a woman wearing a man's watch, I want to buy her her first decent piece for her birthday. She has rather small wrists so everything bigger then 36mm will be overkill I think. My choice comes down to these 2 watches for the moment, please comment on which you prefer or suggest your favorite men's watches for a woman (subject matter pictures are welcome of course :)).

Tudor Black Bay 36

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rolex Explorer I 36mm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

meganfox17 likes this.
  2. dx009 Apr 7, 2016

Would you still care for her if she wore something like this ? :D
    [​IMG]

3. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Apr 7, 2016

If you could go just 2mm more, this may be a real winner. I've seen it worn by petite women and it definitely goes. And it's a friggen Speedmaster! How cool would that be?!

588A0249_FOIS.jpg
    image credit: www.hodinkee.com

oddboy, jens0125 and KevinB like this.
  4. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 7, 2016

The 36mm Black Bay won't be available till early summer, probably, if that matters.

5. KevinB Apr 7, 2016

as a peter pan fan, this is what she wears now :D

[​IMG]

6. abrod520 Apr 7, 2016

There's a whole world of amazing options if you decide to go down the vintage rabbit hole....

7. dx009 Apr 7, 2016

Your girlfriend is railroad certified awesome. (oh god that didn't sound good...)

8. KevinB Apr 7, 2016

I am fully aware of that, but I think that something more recent is a nice place to start, if she really likes it then she can educate herself and discover the vintage world, difficult to explain but I feel like a vintage watch is something you have to earn by learning about them first :)

meganfox17 likes this.
  9. abrod520 Apr 7, 2016

Ah yes I agree.

Unfortunately, not a lot of =<36mm men's watches on the market these days... you've already named both of the front-runners I suppose. I like the idea of the Black Bay 36 though cause it's new and cool, she'll be the trendy lady for at least a year or two with that one :)

10. Mr Bing Apr 7, 2016

I know you said men's watch but IWC do a nice range in mid-size Portofino's.
    Just a shrunken version of the men's really with case diameter of 37mm.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

KevinB and dx009 like this.
  11. ConElPueblo Apr 7, 2016

I'm trying to convince my GF that one of these would look great on her:

[​IMG]

Of the two you've posted, I'd prefer the Rolex. Cannot stand the exposed crown tube on any of the Black Bays! Looks ridiculous...

KevinB and Jones in LA like this.
  12. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Apr 7, 2016

36mm Explorer all the way. It is and will always be a classic.

My wife alternates between 36mm Datejust 16030 and a midsize (about the same size but "wears bigger") Seamaster Pro automatic and she loves them both. She also uses a very vintage silver cased Omega from pre WW2 but it is just for fancier occasions.

[​IMG]

She does not like this picture - as she had been working in the garden that day and it shows. Please do not tell her I put the picture up for all to see...
    And that is not reflexes in the plexi (between 6 and 8) - it is damage from the same garden. She uses her watches hard and I think I might have polished that plexi about ten times by now. The ring is also special...

[​IMG]

Also worn on a oyster bracelet from time to time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Apr 7, 2016
    cicindela, Nitzbar, KevinB and 3 others like this.
  13. igorneus Apr 7, 2016

[​IMG]
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual - 36mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. meganfox17 Apr 7, 2016

Hi @KevinB

I'm the youngest member a loud mouth with a sense of humour..& one of the few ladies here
    I love mens watches & i dont give a Damn what other people think !
    I'm planning to get the new Rolex Explorer1 39 mm Ref 214270 by Dec.
    I believe your Gf would look simply Awesome & Really Sexy in an RE 1 36mm Ref 14270

I can imagine her wrist size somewhere between 155-160 cm or 5.9 /6 inch so this is how a 36 mm should look on her
    [​IMG]

Jones in LA likes this.
  15. ulackfocus Apr 7, 2016

34 mm IWC Portofino for the win! Nice size, great black or blue dials available, and powered by the reliable, accurate, and easy to service ETA 2892-A2.

Everyone can stop posting suggestions as I've won this thread.

If that's your girlfriend, buy her ANYTHING SHE WANTS! ::love::

KevinB likes this.
  16. meganfox17 Apr 7, 2016

Hi @KevinB

To get more ideas & inspiration please scroll down a few blocks away same Open Discussion to my thread entitled
    " A Tribute To The Women Of the World. I want you & your gf to check out the womens timepieces
    Mr @Jones in LA. I hope you dont mind me posting a wristshot image of both of you & Mrs Jones here. Thanks Mr Jones
    [​IMG]

17. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Apr 7, 2016

No problem at all! Excellent suggestion.

Miss_Bourginskay likes this.
  18. KevinB Apr 8, 2016

Really like the blue explorer dial, the fatter lugs not so much.

19. KevinB Apr 8, 2016

Datejust on jubilee is certainly an option, I think I would be wearing it a lot myself :)

20. KevinB Apr 8, 2016

Nice suggestion, was thinking mostly bracelet until now but that first picture is really convincing :D