Forums Latest Members

Looking for a little help with info on new purchase

1. Walrus Jun 4, 2019

Hello. I picked this up about a month ago. Finally got it out of service. Watch cost 350, service 180. Only issue I have is with the clasp. One side is missing a tooth so it only catches half way. I can hunt down the clasp when I figure the size but I I’m thinking of getting leather as well. I was hoping one of you learned here can tell me the year and the movement and any other info. The date changes simply by pulling out the crown. One day for each pull. I don’t know the value of the watch either. So far I’m in around 430 which included the service probably got to drop some cash on the clasp. No way an I selling it but I’d just like to know 9F218E09-2CCD-4534-87AA-7F489044F671.jpeg

2. Rochete Jun 4, 2019

Should be a 564 movement. Year can be known from serial number, whch is inside. Price is a huge bargain, congrats!

3. Walrus Jun 4, 2019

Cool thanks. Do you know a ballpark figure. There is a little damage on the dial right on the edge I think from an idiot changing the crystal but it’s not that bad. Do you think it would be dumb to but leather on it when I have the original brick. I’m more concerned about security and it’s a little tight.

4. Walrus Jun 4, 2019

I was actually thinking of trying to hunt down a new dial but now that it’s back in my possession I kind of like the this one. I think it shows a little character. I guess I can say this is my first omega but I bought a dynamic prior to this but it’s still getting serviced and I just found the bezel to keep the watch on the band. So that was two omegas in one month paying under a 1,000 for the pair. My next move is trading a my Cellini for a steel Rolex of sometype unless my connect picked up a better Omega.

5. Walrus Jun 4, 2019

I’m also very impressed with the power reserve I only wore it for a few hours yesterday and I just checked it’s still going strong keeping time with my iPhone but may be a little fast

6. JwRosenthal Jun 4, 2019

Hey walrus, looks great and congrats. Post a pic of the broken clasp-if it's just the top cover, that’s easily replaced. I had a bad one on a bracelet and bought the cover part on eBay for $18, took 5 minutes to swap out.

7. JwRosenthal Jun 4, 2019

The do look good on leather, but look awesome on the brick bracelet, worth fixing

Walrus likes this.
  8. Walrus Jun 4, 2019

Ya I definitely want to get it fixed. I’m very happy like I said I have another omega but this is the first one in my watch case. I found a little shop only about an hour away that has bvgari a number of Rolex, a few omegas and some other decent watches. When I got this one the second hand wasn’t moving at all times but it just needed to be tightened. It seems each watch this guy has has a little something wrong with it. I need to be careful as I’m not knowledgeable on the repair cost. He has a nice looking more modern constellation with the gold around the case. It’s prob from the 90’s. I really like the look on those and I would snap it up but it’s quartz.

They had a , what I thought was a nice old seamaster my heart skipped a bit but then I found it was a painted dial. You can’t have everything, where the hell would you put it all.

9. Walrus Jun 4, 2019

Yes it is just the top cover part. How did you buy it did you just go by size?

10. JwRosenthal Jun 4, 2019

Show us a pic.
    Yes, I measured it and compared it to ones on eBay, found one that was minty clean and it was identical, fit right up when I got it

11. JwRosenthal Jun 4, 2019

It’s important to note that they are two kinds of closures on these clasps, the ones that pinch in the sides and have the open front and the ones with the hooded fronts that clamp the bar on under the omega logo. If you know which one you have you can compare and find a match.

Here’s an example of one- never dealt with this seller and don’t know if it’s the same as yours but compare

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/222923439786

12. JwRosenthal Jun 4, 2019

13. Walrus Jun 4, 2019

Here it is I think you can see where one of the teeth is broken off image.jpg image.jpg

14. JwRosenthal Jun 4, 2019

Yup, it’s the hooded. One like the second link I sent is what you need. Just search “omega bracelet clasp” and you should see them mixed in with generic and modern crap

15. JwRosenthal Jun 4, 2019

You could also contact @No Mercy who deals in lots of bracelets in the classified’s- he may have a clasp for you. Replacing the cover is two pins and you’re done

Walrus likes this.
  16. Walrus Jun 4, 2019

I think I need 200 posts to start doing that but it’s all good.

17. JwRosenthal Jun 4, 2019

You can ping a member with a PM anytime you want. The 200 post rule is to post a classified as or WTB

Walrus likes this.