Forums Latest Members

Looking for a correct vintage 145.014 Mark II Crystal

1. DAFONYC Sep 19, 2018

I have acquired a nice Mark II Racing, and the crystal tachy has dissolved along the edge, is scratched and not aligned properly. Time to get a new one. See picture below, fantastic condition otherwise.

But - it seems like there are only options to get the new one from Omega SC. It's glued in and not the old type with a groove in the glass for a gasket, making them a pain to install. New ones are flat and supposed to be glued in.

But seen different versions of them... And this is where I'm a little lost. Combing through the web is not helpful as a lot of specimens have received the newer crystal when serviced. I have concluded that the most noticeable differences are to be found is around the “140” mark on the printed bezel. I have seen 3 versions now:

1) no "/" divider between 130 and 140. Font appears to be more simple and vintage?
    2) "/" divider and placed farther from 140
    3) "/" divider and placed close to 140

So which one is it? My current bezel is #3, but I don't know the service history.

Knowledgeable feedback is much appreciated - and if you happen to have a vintage one for sale, please holler!

Thanks much!

[​IMG]

2. flqt-9000 Sep 20, 2018

I follow with interest.
    Can you post sone pics of the three versions?

Edited Sep 23, 2018