Forums Latest Members
  1. Les Vegas Mar 25, 2019

Hello I guess this has been asked a million times but I am looking to buy a Seamaster 300m in blue. I have a budget of £3500 absolute tops which I think would get me the current model with the wavy face in a bracelet. But I've seen the non wave faced model on sale new at £2600, or could I get a used model and pocket the difference, or get a better watch for my overall budget? Any help much appreciated thank you.

2. hbombkid Mar 25, 2019

Lot of questions

Take your time and research what YOU want. If it’s a 300m go for it something else that’s ok. Only you know your tastes. For example I would tell you to buy a PO as that is more MY style. I personally do not like the 300 bezel, bracelet or dial. Man I guess I reallly do not like that watch lol.

On the 300m I saw some wave dials for sale either new or slightly used in your budget. I saw one new on rubber for 3750 USD. I then saw a slate dial on bracelet for 4175 USD. These are from trusted sellers full omega warranty etc.

Deals can definitely be found just do some searching and if you are going grey dealer first rule is buy the seller.

Good luck

3. bdp Mar 26, 2019

There is a good used one on a bracelet a for sale by @usmc93 here on the forum in the watches for sale section and it is under your budget, only problem it is in the US. You can reach him by pm as you have under 200 posts.
    Good luck with your search

usmc93 likes this.
  4. Shankified Mar 26, 2019

This approach maybe frowned upon but here it goes anyway - go to an OB or an AD, try the watches you like and buy the winner from Duty free. Omega watches now come with 5 year warranty.

The consession at Gatwick airport falls under Swatch group until the end of April. From August onwards it will be run by the group that owns Watches of Switzerland. In between these months the concession will be shut (apparently)

5. steelfish Mar 26, 2019

I would just say to make sure you check out and test both models on your wrist before you decide. You should easily be able to get the latest for about £3100 at an AD, so I wouldn't be tempted to get the cheaper one if you really fancied the latest model instead.

I've done this before and ended up buying and selling several times before I got the one I really wanted in the first place!

Good luck with your hunt.