Forums Latest Members

Looking for a 9162 timing key for my Omega F300 Chronometer Watch

1. DG GW Sep 29, 2017

JackDaniels83 and mikechi22 like this.
  2. mikechi22 Sep 29, 2017

I love your watch but I've heard they are a challenge when they stop running.

3. Tom Dick and Harry Sep 30, 2017

Paul @electricwatches.co.uk can sort your watch out, they are best left in the hands of someone who works on them all the time. The are great watches and spares still readily available. If you are feeling brave then plenty of donor movements on the bay

Cheers Tom

PS Nice Ruger

tyrantlizardrex and blubarb like this.
  4. Damo Sep 30, 2017

As above - Paul at electricwatches is your man.

I have another incoming that will be going to him.

5. DG GW Sep 30, 2017

Thanks any one in the USA for adjustment? And no one knows where to get a timing key?

6. mikechi22 Sep 30, 2017

I am curious about this too - my biggest hesitation about getting one of these tuning fork watches is knowing where to turn for repairs. I’m more or less US-based, so a resource there is key.

7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 30, 2017

mikechi22 likes this.
  8. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 30, 2017

Regulation is done by turning the knurled barrels below the + and -. You have to move both in sync, in the pic above yours are not aligned which would probably lead to issues with rate or reliability as the fork will be out of balance. Was it like that when you got it or did you bodge it yourself? I have regulated one of mine with no problems using a cocktail stick but I did both barrels together, one after the other and got great results. I would get that sorted by a professional but if you want to play with it I would start with putting both back in sync.

Edited Sep 30, 2017
  9. ketiljo Sep 30, 2017

Totally agree, both should be symmetrical. It's easy to make your own tool. Take a plastic ball pen, unscrew the front part and discard the rest. Use a knife and make three notches in the pointed to fit the adjuster.

10. JackDaniels83 Sep 30, 2017

Regulating can be done in a range of +-8 seconds a day. Each division represents one second a day. Everything above or below indicates need of service. By the way, it does not matter, if you turn one side by two divisions or both sides by one to achieve a regulation of two seconds.

Original Omega text:
    "An adjustment can be made independently on one or the other corrector, or on both at the same time, avoiding as much as possible too great a dissymmetry."

11. ketiljo Sep 30, 2017

Which means that they should be fairly similar. Everyone I've seen, and I've see quite a few, have had symmetrical regulators. One notch differece is probably ok but I wouldn't do more

12. JackDaniels83 Oct 1, 2017

Agree.

13. Roger Zimmermann Oct 1, 2017

I happened to find an adjustment tool on ebay but that was more than a decade ago.

14. ac106 Oct 1, 2017

I don’t know anyone who will just do an adjustment but I have used the following for repairs

Martin Marcus http://www.accutron214.com/

Very skilled. prices are inline for a standard service but high for case/bracelet refinishing

Bob Piker
    http://www.mybob.net/

Skilled. A little bit unorganized but super nice guy. Good prices. Always lots for sale at collector pricing.

Ernie Star Findings http://www.starfindings.com/w-repair.htm
    Good prices and incredibly fast turnaround.

——-
    Rob Berkavicius,
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~fotoplot/acc.htm

He’s based in Thailand but ships everywhere. I have heard nothing but great things about him. Going to use him next. Prices are really good.

DG GW likes this.
  15. DG GW Oct 1, 2017

No came that way wound up paying $250.00 USD I tried getting it to turn with a thin wooden dowel no success.

16. blubarb Oct 1, 2017

Robert Berkavicius should be able to source the part or repair for you. He's a WIS wiz when it comes to these electronic watches. Sorted out a number of my cactus Acutrons (too many to count) over the years.

Bob's email: [email protected]

17. Deafboy His Holiness Puer Surdus Oct 1, 2017

I have the exact same watch, which I find terrific.I had it serviced by Robert Berkavicius and did a final tweak to the regulation myself. Here's how I did it. At first I devised a tool similar to one the one in the service manual but it didn't work well. I ended up using a pair of brass tweezers with good success. I used a stereo microscope to see what I was doing while adjusting the watch. As mentioned above there are two wheels to turn and they should be in a mirror image positions. I measured the rate for several positions of the wheels and plotted the results. In the plot the "units" correspond to the sum of the units on the wheels starting from the lowest marker. So in our example in the picture we have 2.5 + 2.5 = 5 units. The corresponding rate I obtained was -3.7 s/day. Based on the results shown in the plot, for my watch the ideal rate (0 s/day) should have wheels positions of 2.2/2 = 1.1 units. In my case I did the adjustments in February (7 months ago) and it is now off by 98 seconds, which is 0.47 s/day. Not bad for a 48 year old watch!

The last picture shows those tiny, tiny pawls.

-3.5s_per_day.jpg

upload_2017-10-1_22-24-28.png
    DSCF6557.JPG

Pawls.jpg

Edited Oct 1, 2017
    tyrantlizardrex, blubarb and Tet like this.
  18. padders Oooo subtitles! Oct 2, 2017

Ok I guess yours are stiffer than some. It may be worth fashioning your own tool like suggested above. Is your watch losing or gaining time?