Forums Latest Members

Looking for 1969 Gold Omega Moon Watch 357 Stolen in 1991

1. Tim Crosbie Rock Omega Mar 3, 2018

This watch was owned by my father and stolen in 1991. I have been looking for this watch over the years. Stolen in Newfoundland Canada. Looking for information leading to its recovery. If you have information to assist in this search please let me know.

Tim

2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 3, 2018

The only chance that you will have of possibly locating the watch would be through the use of serial numbers. Do you have a record of them?

Regards,

Tony

bazderome and Foo2rama like this.
  3. ulackfocus Mar 3, 2018

Wow, that's certainly a plethora of information for us to go on! No picture, no serial number, and my crystal ball is in the shop.

Oh well, I guess our 1 post OP is SOL. :cautious: ::facepalm2::

I ask again - WTF is going on here since my return? It's like the Watch Gods are causing this stupid sh*t to come out of the woodwork to test me.

stahlmotte, rmarks, Om3ga321 and 15 others like this.
  4. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Mar 3, 2018

I think the 357 engraved on the caseback should be enough to identify the watch, no?

igloe, propervinyl, rcs914 and 3 others like this.
  5. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Mar 3, 2018

Maybe the RCMP will open a cold case investigation?

6. tyrantlizardrex Mar 3, 2018

1969 would make the model a BA145.022-69 @Tim Crosbie - might be worth hunting down any models with this reference that you can on the internet, and checking the LE number.

They didn't make all that many, so 27 years down the line it's either out there somewhere, or was melted down for its value as scrap gold.

wsfarrell likes this.
  7. chadpowe11 Mar 3, 2018

Hi Tim

What part of Newfoundland did it go missing if St. John’s or Corner Brook you should contact RNC (Royal Newfoundland Constabulary). If else where contact RCMP.

Newfoundland is pretty small, make a post buying Omega Speedmaster on the local pages like nlclassifieds.com and kijiji. My doubts is you won’t find it but worth a shot. Don’t say stolen in the listing... you won’t find it for sure then.

Also I’m from Newfoundland so if you manage to find it still here in Newfoundland and need someone to look at it feel free to msg me.

Cheers
    Chad

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 3, 2018

Do you have proof of ownership?

They are rare but stolen over 25 years ago... was there an insurance claim on it? If so your also SOL.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  9. mr_yossarian Mar 3, 2018

Tim Crosbie was last seen today at 12:55, after his post. So much for devotion and real interest. If I get offered that exact 357 BA I'm gonna buy it :)

10. Professor Mar 3, 2018

A little harsh.
    Tim asked a general question which he may have posted on other boards hoping for a lead. I'm sure he would check back from time to time hoping for some small assistance.

Tim . If you can dig up any thing unique about this particular watch such as a presentation engraving etc that would help.

High end watches when stolen sometimes end up in the personal stash of drug dealers, for obvious reasons.

Did the watch just go missing or was it part of a burglary haul or mugging incident ?

If you have any relatives with sticky fingers, pillheads etc, that's where I'd look first.

1991 is certainly a long time ago, but the watch may still show up.

11. mr_yossarian Mar 3, 2018

Not harsh. A matter of standards you apply.

12. Professor Mar 3, 2018

A matter of perception.

mayankyadav likes this.
  13. mr_yossarian Mar 3, 2018

A matter of where you are. We can be friends though :) I just got allergic to certain "service attitudes" in this exeptional place called OF

bazderome likes this.
  14. Tim Crosbie Rock Omega Mar 4, 2018

This happened in St. John's. There was a police report created at the time of the theft. I have contacted Omega also. I hoping the watch shows for a service somewhere. I thinking the watch is off island but who know. I guessing the theft had no idea what they had. They stole items at the same time.

Thanks Tim

15. Tim Crosbie Rock Omega Mar 4, 2018

This happened in St. John's. There was a police report created at the time of the theft. I have contacted Omega also. I hoping the watch shows for a service somewhere. I thinking the watch is off island but who knows. I guessing the theft had no idea what they had. They stole other items from the house at the same time. The watch is one of the 1035 Gold Omega moon watch made for the first moon landing. it carries the number 357 on the back plate. Thanks for your assistance

Tim

Edited by a mod Mar 6, 2018
  16. Tim Crosbie Rock Omega Mar 6, 2018

No i do not, i have repair receipts and so on. No number. It is a limited number watched all the same. Thanks Tony

Edited by a mod Mar 6, 2018
  17. Tim Crosbie Rock Omega Mar 6, 2018

Thanks for your help. I will take your info. The RNC open a file years ago. I know this is a very slim change of success but just anything could help. I thanks you for your time.

Tim

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  18. Tim Crosbie Rock Omega Mar 6, 2018

Yes, i have receipts and related documentation, thanks

19. Vitezi Mar 6, 2018

20. Tim Crosbie Rock Omega Mar 6, 2018

JimInOz likes this.