Looking for 1960's Omega Seamaster Band

Hi
I've recently had my father's Omega watch serviced after many years of sitting idle. The band thats on the watch now was a replacement. He purchased the watch in 1962 with an Omega expansion band.
I'm wondering if anyone knows what the original might have looked like and where I could find this kind of vintage band. I've added some pics for reference, any help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance
Chris IMG_5118.jpeg IMG_1164.jpeg IMG_1163.jpeg IMG_1167.jpeg

Likely gold plated beads of rice bracelet. However, these aren’t stretch type bracelets. Those are the flat link 7912 and 1035 but I don’t believe they came in gold plate. Just stainless and solid gold.

Welcome to the forums... we'd love to hear a little more about you.

Personally, I'd replace the metal band with a nice leather (or reptile) strap, as all gold is a really bold look. Beautiful watch, and deserves to be seen and used. Likely everyone here would also recommend a service at a good local watchmakers with an Omega parts account.

JB Champion was an authorized supplier and supplied a wide variety of gold plated bracelets for US market Omegas in the 60s and 70s.

...and since expansion bracelets were popular many people opted to have them fitted point of sale from new, more often than not they were not branded Omega.

IMG_1238.jpg IMG_1242.jpg IMG_1240.jpg

Welcome to the forums... we'd love to hear a little more about you.

Personally, I'd replace the metal band with a nice leather (or reptile) strap, as all gold is a really bold look. Beautiful watch, and deserves to be seen and used. Likely everyone here would also recommend a service at a good local watchmakers with an Omega parts account.

Hi, it was great to find a forum with a lot of activity.
Although I would probably put a nice strap on it, my father does not like straps. He said he was always afraid it would come loose on him and he would lose it. At 82 years of age I'm not going to try and change him (lol).
The watch was sent to Switzerland for service (the first pic was of the returned watch). I wanted to get it ready for him as a birthday present. I'm not a fan of the expanding / flex bracelets but I guess they were popular in the 60's and 70's and he liked them. He purchased the watch new in 1963 and basically wore it all the time until the early 80's and its sat in his drawer since then. So my thought was to get it back to him as close to original as possible. The current bracelet is not the original one, he had that one put on sometime in the late 70's.

I spent the weekend going through the forums and found some leads as to where I might be able to get some bracelets. I really appreciate all the help anyone can give me on this.