Forums Latest Members
  1. sid2446 Nov 24, 2015

Hi there,

I'm looking for an original bracelet for a Seamaster 120 Deep Blue. I believe it is the 1162 172 (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Does anyone have any ideas where I can get hold of one ? I have seen what seems to be an NOS one on ebay ;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-S...-Stainless-Steel-22mm-Bracelet-/201463044998?Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Does anyone know the seller or have comments on the bracelets ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. lillatroll Nov 24, 2015

I bought the exact same bracelet from James. It has the numbers etched on the bracelet, I was under the impression that if it was from the 60s it would be stamped, but I am not sure if this is correct. I bought a leather strap from him before which fell apart. He replaced it no questions asked. I paid 250 pounds for mine which he accepted. This is the only place I found a bracelet after looking for a while.

rping likes this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Nov 24, 2015

The modern reissue should be available from omega for about half that price. Not the same as a vintage one, but then, that one you linked to probably isn't either.

..dont forget to read the stickies about posting WTB or FS listings on these forums too.. you're breaking some rules.

4. sid2446 Nov 24, 2015

thanks lillatroll for the feedback.

oddboy, my apologies.... am new to the forum as you probably guessed. Will read the rules BEFORE I post anything else !

oddboy likes this.
  5. lillatroll Nov 24, 2015

I don't think you are breaking any rules by asking where to find a bracelet. If you are selling then it's a different kettle of fish.
    Plenty of people post links to ebay asking about watches, no different from what you did IMHO.

6. sid2446 Nov 24, 2015

Thanks... Is it ok to post WTB and FS listings here ? On the Heuer forum there are separate areas for this but I couldn't see anything like that here.

On the bracelet, I found this :

http://www.chronocentric.com/forums/chronotrader/index.cgi?md=read;id=4782

This looks like the original ; you were right that it was stamped. I had also read that the modern replacements have the 1162/172 on the clasp and the originals have the 172 on the end link. Looks like that may be right from the photos here. And for $ 70 ...... in 2007 !

Guess its going to have to be a modern replacement for now. Are you happy with the quality of yours ?

7. lillatroll Nov 24, 2015

To be honest I was a little disappointed that it is a later version because I like my watches to be as original as possible. Having said that it's not like anyone can tell and I do have the original leather strap that is in better condition than it looked in the pictures. I think James' s strap is a good option unless you want to search for a long time. It feels light compared to modern bracelet s because they were hollow. There is a wltb section on this forum too. It is after the sales section s.

8. sid2446 Nov 24, 2015

I was hopeful it was the original version, but like you say who's to know. Having a replacement that effectively looks the same will ease the pain of hunting down the original.

9. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Nov 24, 2015

I have the modern version on a mark ii. Doesn't bother me, but then, the watch was fully restored anyway, so the modern bracelet is at home with the modern dial and hands.

I agree though, eases the pain while you hunt for an original - and they do come up occasionally on fora and ebay.