Forums Latest Members
  1. Gasman Jun 17, 2017

2017-06-17 22.45.49.jpg I have just seen a Tudor Bronze whilst browsing on the internet. What is your opinion of the watch as I think it looks terrific

Ssunnylee24 likes this.
  2. watch3s Jun 17, 2017

i wish it came in a smaller size and didnt have that anodized bit. it kind of detracts from the aesthetics to me. decades upon decades they have produced crowns that screw all the way in

3. abrod520 Jun 17, 2017

The Bronze looks cool but it's only available in the larger 43mm size, where the regular BB is 41. That's too big a difference for me, for a 3-hand watch

4. Gasman Jun 17, 2017

I am wanting to add a Tudor or Rolex to my collection but don't have bottomless pockets. Any suggestions please.

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 17, 2017

Understand how bronze cases age is pretty important. I'd not buy one unless you understand what happens to the case.

Eta black bays are out there and I think pretty good long term purchases. Hint the new one with the rose.

6. Jking something intelligent and witty... Jun 17, 2017

The black bay Bronze is a beautiful watch but it is VERY thick. I tried it on recently and my aqua terra on a NATO strap did not even reach the top of the crown while laying side by side. I've also read the bronze develops a heavy patina fairly quickly even for bronze. @Foo2rama is right in saying if price is a concern i would look for a BB black/blue/red depending on your preference with an ETA movement. I've send many listed via watchrecon for just over 2k with B&P which is a nice price for the qualify you are getting in the newer Tudors.

7. Uniqez Jun 17, 2017

I think I've seen one on the Instagram, guy aged it on purpose. Looks pretty ugly with super heavy patina on the case. Google the pictures of aged bronze watch, so you will have no surprises down the road. I do like black bay in SS and definitely will add it to my collection when I find right example.

8. SeanO Jun 17, 2017

there are heaps of "recipes" for getting patina onto one of these bronze watches quicker than natural age.

the 43mm makes it too large for anything other than casual wear with a polo or T shirt.

I left my Lum-Tec B18 (CuSN8) on the balcony for 3 months during winter and whilst it "aged" a little, to a non WIS person it just looks dirty (as my sister routinely reminds me).

if you have to have a bronze watch there are a lot of cheaper versions that will sate the need.

9. abrod520 Jun 17, 2017

+1 on Black Bay. Post- Speedy Tuesday a Black Bay Blue ETA is on my list once the right one comes up

10. Gasman Jun 18, 2017

What is the "right" Black Bay?" I've only just started to look.
    Thanks for the replies so far I have now got enough info to forget the bronze one.

11. abrod520 Jun 18, 2017

To be honest my dude the "right" Black Bay is the one that speaks to you on a deep level

For me it's the Black Bay Blue ETA

For you, give it some thought about which one you'd really like to see on your wrist. Check them out at a local authorized dealer (if possible) and decide when you're ready. They're not very rare or appreciating so there's no rush.

Ssunnylee24 likes this.
  12. Andreas Jun 18, 2017

blackbay_10.jpg
    Ssunnylee24 likes this.
  13. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 18, 2017

I do love Tudor, but it does suffer a little bit from thickness fever. It is hard to ignore when on a strap. Easy when on steel.

The thing is they are so well designed that on pictures you never really get a sense of how big these wear. Even when wearing it you don't notice it head on, only when you get the side angle view.

If I where to get one today this would be it: IMG_1748.PNG

After that these: IMG_1749.PNG IMG_1747.PNG

14. Kmart Jun 18, 2017

Do you find the thickness to be an issue with the heritage chrono? I've been going back and forth on whether to get one for a while.

15. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 18, 2017

Yes, but I still love it. To me the Heritage chrono is such a great summer beater that I really enjoy it on its own merit. But I wish it wasn't a modular chrono.

I wear it only on the Nato too...

I would not recommend it as an "only" watch, but it's absolutely great as an add on to a larger collection. It's a stunner too. People love it.

I suppose also it's less if an issue because there is no alternative really in my collection. I have a couple of subs....so the black bay didn't cut it for me as I always ended up wearing the 5512 or the 14060m.

I recently got a baume and mercier clifton club on white. Thin, light and easy as a summer beater. It wears more comfortably than the heritage chrono and it's a clean contrast to anything else I have. That would be the only other playfull beater I have ( on white)

Pics:

IMG_1457.JPG IMG_1722.JPG IMG_1724.JPG IMG_1726.JPG
    Ssunnylee24 and Kmart like this.