Forums Latest Members
  1. Leonardus Jan 5, 2019

Hi everyone,

I'm new here. I'm 22 y/o vintage watches enthusiast. Got a Longines Ultra Chron and several Omega watches. Last week I bought this Longines, 33mm. Can anyone give me more information about this watch? I posted it on another forum, they advised me to post it here because there's so much knowledge on this forum. I also got the comment that it might be a re-dial because there's so much space between 'L O N' and so little between 'GIN' on the dial. Please advise!

image3.jpeg image2.jpeg image4.jpeg image1.jpeg
  2. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jan 5, 2019

Welcome to the forum, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the dial indeed is refinished.
    that must have been done a long time ago as it has a relatively pleasant patina.
    The pattern is interesting, it seems to emulate a pattern found on Jaeger LeCoultre watches of the same era, but not on any Longines watches I’ve seen.

The seconds hand and the crown are also not correct and not Longines.
    In all, it would be best to return it if you can— unless you really like it and did not pay more than its worth.

If it’s been described as all original, you have a good cause for return whether you bought it on Ebay or from any seller who cares about their reputation.

Kimega, Waltesefalcon and Darlinboy like this.
  3. DirtyDozen12 Thanks, mystery donor! Jan 5, 2019

Agree on all accounts.

Syrte likes this.
  4. Leonardus Jan 5, 2019

Thanks a lot for all the information, very interesting. Is there any website or source where I can find this kind of information? Or is it just something you know since you have years of experience, I assume. Sad to hear there are so many not-original parts on it. Let's call it learn-money.

5. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Jan 5, 2019

Yes it’s experience but luckily our member @ConElPueblo wrote a wonderful guide for beginners called “Learn how to fish”, which you’ll find among the “sticky threads” or using search functions.
    Not dedicated to Longines but applicable to all vintage watches.

Mark020 likes this.