Forums Latest Members

Longines Under Consideration

1. Lazer Dec 7, 2016

This is a Flagship I'm eyeing right now. I did some research and also contacted the seller. He assures me it's genuine and the dial is not refinished. According to him, it's running and keeping good time for the past 24 hours. He also says there's a bit of rust by the stem, "where it must have been worn when cooking/washing etc" (?).

To my eye, the dial and typefaces look pretty good. Same goes for the movement. I've gotten about as far as my research will take me, so now I'm coming to the experts. Thanks for indulging me.

Here's the URL:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/222337447624Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

And here are two more pics from the seller: IMG_1721.PNG IMG_1722.PNG

2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Dec 7, 2016

Looks fine other than the crown, which is a poor replacement.

3. Lazer Dec 7, 2016

Thanks! Let's see where this auction goes.

4. ulackfocus Dec 7, 2016

Like Tony says, it looks correct except for the crown. The condition isn't the greatest so the price should remain relatively low.

5. Lazer Dec 7, 2016

Thanks very much for helping me vet this watch. What about the condition doesn't look so great? Does the movement look worn to you, or is it more of an aesthetic thing (which I can live with)?

6. ulackfocus Dec 7, 2016

I'm picky about dials and that one shows it's age a little too much for my taste. Overall, the watch is in mediocre, but even, condition, meaning all the parts show roughly equal wear.

7. Lazer Dec 7, 2016

Understood. I think I'll pass on this until I can afford a nicer one.