Forums Latest Members

SOLD Longines Ultra-Chron cal. 6651 $575 (reduced)

1. R3D9 Apr 13, 2018

For sale is my Longines Ultra-Chron from 1974.

While many would expect to see chamfers along the sides of the case of an Ultra-Chron from this period, with some persistent research, I was able to find a number of similar examples of this case reference and confirm that the case shape you see here is original and likely minimally, if at all, polished.

Here is an old listing I found for its solid gold twin: http://uhrerbe.com/unt/58994-longin...omatic_chronometer_gold_uhr_ref___3202_1.html

Note the dial and hands are identical in terms of layout. So, what we have here is a relatively rare and attractive C-case from the 70’s in good on-the-wrist condition.

Asking Price : $650 USD OBO ***Reduced to $575 USD*** net to me. I am always open to offers, so please do get in touch if you are interested.

Case Material : Stainless steel
    Case: Longines case reference 3202 measuring ~35mm excluding the crown, 39mm lug-to-lug and 10.5mm thick
    Lug Width: 18mm
    Glass : Domed acrylic crystal in good condition
    Crown: Signed Crown
    Movement : Longines caliber 6651
    Dial : Original blue dial
    Hands : Original hands
    Bracelet: Steel bracelet with Longines-stamped clasp is included
    Straps: I’m including five unworn straps from Cheapest Nato Straps. Not elite level quality, but they do have quick-release springbars.

After speaking with one of our forum’s learned watchmakers, I sourced a NOS mainspring barrel from ebay, in anticipation of a future service, which I am including with the sale.

I also reached out to Longines to obtain the history of the watch and they confirmed that the case and movement references are correct and that it was delivered to the Longines agent for Hong Kong in May of 1974.

Photos are always the most important part of any listing. Please have a look at mine below and let me know if you require any other detail or angles.

Please have a look below the photos, as I have provided some additional detail on the condition of the watch.

Longines - 2 of 14.jpg

Longines - 10 of 14.jpg

Longines - 11 of 14.jpg

Longines - 4 of 14.jpg

Longines - 3 of 14.jpg

Longines - 1 of 14.jpg

Longines - 13 of 14.jpg

Longines - 14 of 14.jpg

Longines - 5 of 14.jpg

Longines - 8 of 14.jpg

Condition notes:

-The dial has a couple of small blemishes not very noticeable on-wrist (see photos)
    -There is a small chip in the pained part of the minute hand (see photos)
    -The case is in overall good condition for it’s age (normal scuffs and swirls from wear) with the exception of two small dings on the underside of the case and case-back (please see below for my recap as to how this occurred at the end of this listing).

A quick note about my history with the watch:

I purchased this watch last month and when it arrived, I discovered that the bracelet was slightly too small for my 7.25” wrist. Upon attempting to remove the bracelet to place it on a strap, I discovered one of the springbars was fused and so I took it to a local watchmaker to have it removed.

During the removal, the watchmaker unfortunately dinged the underside of the case as well as the caseback. You can read all about the experience in this post here:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/loo...ecommendation-plus-a-bonus-tale-of-woe.73013/

Longines - 7 of 14.jpg

Following that experience, I took the watch to a well-regarded watchmaker who was recommended by many members here on the forum. He inspected the watch and movement and determined that the dings have not effected the integrity of the case… the caseback is seating properly and the seal is in place. We did not pressure test the watch, but I would not consider bringing a watch of this age near water anyways.

The second watchmaker also fixed the bracelet endlinks so that they are now tight and accept springbars perfectly.

He hooked the watch up to his timegrapher and visually inspected the movement and, besides noting that the crown is somewhat stiff when winding, he deemed it to be in good running condition. He indicated he did not believe a service was immediately necessary.

My on-wrist timing indicated it to be running within +/- 10 seconds per day.

That said, as I am not aware of the service history of the watch, I do not provide any guarantees of future performance of the movement.

Payment to be made via PayPal friends and family.

Canadian Residents - I am happy to accept payment via PayPal (as outlined above) or Interac E-mail transfer.

The watch is located in Guelph, Ontario Canada. Shipping is to be made via Canada Post with their optional insurance coverage, at the buyer's expense.

No returns unless grossly misrepresented.

I am a private collector and will set the post OHPF after receiving the first PM saying "I will buy this watch now at your price".

References:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/r3d9-great-seller.71102/
    r3d9-is-a-great-seller.66416
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/r3d9-great-seller.59947/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/r3d9-is-a-great-seller.72898/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/r3d...ller-an-absolute-pleasure-to-deal-with.58748/

Edited Apr 15, 2018
  2. R3D9 Apr 14, 2018

Saturday afternoon bump. I am open to offers, so if you're interested, please do reach out :thumbsup:

3. R3D9 Apr 15, 2018

Sunday bump with a price reduction to $575 USD plus we’ll split the cost of insured international shipping via Canada Post.

Along with the price reduction, a few glamour shots as well... note this particular strap is 1mm too large for the 18mm lug size ::love::

CCD99F3D-310C-4ED5-AD50-809EDA8B37F6.jpeg

B779EFAA-B2BF-4B04-9306-F43CD330B595.jpeg

7168AC29-067B-4587-B304-DA52ABA82ABE.jpeg

E679017B-38A8-4623-8DCB-BAD4D87F2219.jpeg

43F7F014-B22D-4EDF-B998-95603E28AC7E.jpeg

4. R3D9 Apr 15, 2018

Sold! Thanks very much to my buyer and OF for the space.

knafel1983, khmt2 and Rumar89 like this.