Forums Latest Members

Longines Marine Nationale - fake alert

1. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 29, 2015

Modest_Proposal and Darlinboy like this.
  2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Dec 29, 2015

Sadly, this is becoming and more common.

3. ulackfocus Dec 29, 2015

Vintage military watches are a mine field (pardon the pun). They might be faked more often than Rolexes.

4. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 30, 2015

Too bad because I kind of like that dial... As a matter of fact I find it much nicer than the Marine Nationle one.

I wonder whether those fake MN engravings could be erased. Of course the question is the end price.

5. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Dec 30, 2015

Perhaps true, but generally a small investment of time in research (I know, I know - most buyers won't invest even a moment) will help dodge most bullets on mil-spec watches. On the other hand, the sophistication and technical execution of the Rolex forgers these days is truly scary. The inevitable result of five, six, and even seven figure values I suppose.

6. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Dec 30, 2015

Also on mil-watches there are definite specs on what they are supposed to look like. Info may be lacking in some cases (Pakistani Omega seamasters, UG argentinian pilot watches) -- but at least on many watches there is a reference point to start from. But then the difficulties arise when there have been many variants (which is often the case), or legit replacements.

Edited Dec 30, 2015
    Darlinboy likes this.