Forums Latest Members
  1. Kh0805 Jul 13, 2017

Hi everyone,
    Hoping someone can help me identify this found watch. I don't want to open it because I'm afraid of scratching the back plate. The watch was found on the street. I would love to know what model it is and possible value of it? Not looking to sell at all. I actually like it and would like to put some nice leather strap.

IMG_0691.JPG IMG_0692.JPG
  2. Kh0805 Jul 15, 2017

Anyone?

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 15, 2017

Looks like its from the 1970s, not much interest in this style.

You'll need to have it opened up to get more info (reference number should be inside the case back and serial number on the movement).

Value will be in the scrap gold weight.

argonbeam likes this.
  4. Kh0805 Jul 15, 2017

Can I open it myself? Or is a special tool needed?

5. dx009 Jul 15, 2017

It is indeed a 1970s Longines watch. As @X350 XJR has said there's not much demand for this type of watch but the fact that it's 14k solid gold should offer it some value.

You could try opening up with a knife, preferably a small knife. Normally there should be a small recess/space either at the top or bottom of the case back where the lugs are also located.

It's basically a snap off case back so you would just need to carefully place something between the case and the case back and snap it off gently.

Careful not to hurt yourself or damage the watch. Just look for the recess...

6. Kh0805 Jul 15, 2017

Yea I looked for that recess and couldn't find it. I'll look again when I get home. Thanks for your help.

7. dx009 Jul 15, 2017

You can simply use a small pocket knife with a thin blade (not too thin) and gently insert it between the case back and the case and then snap the case back off.

Again careful not to hurt yourself or damage the watch. :)

8. Kh0805 Jul 15, 2017

Will do, I'll do it as soon as I get home and will report back here. Now I'm curious the exact model of it. Since you guys don't think it's very desirable, what should I expect to get out of it if I was to sell it for gold? Any idea?
    I'd really like to find the rightful owner, but I think I have a better chance of seeing god. The watch was found on the sidewalk in a busy intersection in Boston, Ma.

9. Kh0805 Jul 15, 2017

Got it to open. I still have no idea what model it is.

IMG_0703.JPG IMG_0704.JPG
  10. dx009 Jul 15, 2017

Good looking movement... It's not exactly a certain model, so to speak, as you would call a car a Ford Mustang or a Toyota Corolla.

Just google Longines caliber 528 (the movement of the watch is 528 and that's how you'll manage to find it) and you should find info and prices on it.