Forums Latest Members

SOLD Longines Flagship 1966, Cal 285 (Manual wind) recent full service. £330

1. Spike Feb 15, 2016

IMG_0857.JPG IMG_0858.JPG IMG_0867.JPG IMG_0869.JPG IMG_0847.JPG IMG_0894.JPG IMG_0884.JPG Up for consideration is this all original, beautifully dialed 10K yellow gold filled Longines Flagship, manual wind Cal 285 dating from June 1966.

The case is in very nice shape with crisp lug edges and the dial is in lovely condition with a concentric circle pattern around the circumference under the markers. Comes on strap and buckle as pictured (the 'Longines' buckle was an after market Ebay purchase)

This watch was purchased from Dennis (Ulakfocus) a year ago and has had a full strip down service by my watchmaker in April of last year and as such comes with the remainder of its 1 year guarantee (invoice will be sent to the owner with the watch).

As you would expect from a recently serviced watch, it runs beautifully keeping excellent time. I've worn this for the last 7 days and it averages out at +8 secs over a 24hr period with a very healthy 42hr+ power reserve after a full wind.

The Longines extract from their archives for this watch is as follows:

Thank you for your message.
    At the origin, the serial number 13'526'566 identifies a Longines mechanical manually wound movement, caliber 285. It was invoiced on the 9th June 1966 to the company Longines-Wittnauer, which was at that time our agent for the U.S.A.
    The other parts of the watch were produced locally under license from Longines. Unfortunately, since the relevant archives are not in our possession, we are unable to provide any further information on your model.
    We trust that we have responded satisfactorily to your request and remain at your entire disposal for any additional information.
    Best regards,
    Aurélie Tonna
    Brand Heritage

I am asking what I hope is a reasonable £340 for this watch given its recent full service and lovely condition. Payment in Sterling by bank transfer or Paypal at no cost to me, UK shipping included, elsewhere at cost by whatever method is requested.

As a private seller I can only accept returns if the watch is not as described but please study the pictures above which form the main part of the description. Being a 'front loader' I'm unable to show a movement shot as one wasn't taken during its full service and I do not have the correct tool or ability to re-open the case and remove the dial. Information taken from inside the back of the case at time of service is as follows: R/G-2820-285 5963964.

The watch through as mentioned does have it's service guarantee in place though until April 9th 2016, here in the UK.

My thanks to the Forum for the sales facility.

ConElPueblo, Alpha and GregH like this.
  2. Spike Feb 16, 2016

Bump for a lovely fully serviced Longines AND previously owned (before me) by one of our forums main Longines experts, and he doesn’t buy rubbish!

It’ll be like missing out on buying John Lennons white piano he composed Imagine on when you had a chance to get it;)

Reduced to £330

IMG_0852.JPG

124watchfan and dougiedude like this.
  3. Spike Feb 17, 2016

Had a few enquires about the size of this watch as i'd forgotten to say.........it's a nice 35mm and wears quite big on the wrist..

IMG_0914.JPG

4. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 17, 2016

Full disclosure, @Spike is a good friend and a really nice guy.
    That aside imho this is a cracking watch at a price that would make even a Scotsman smile and surprised to see it still sitting. GLWS:thumbsup:

Spike likes this.
  5. Spike Feb 18, 2016

Now sold.....my thanks to the buyer and to the forum!

dougiedude likes this.