Forums Latest Members

Longines Conquest Automatic Cal291 - ?Dial OK

1. jshaw083 Feb 23, 2018

Hey guys,

Just wanted to run this model past you. I own a different Conquest Automatic, and was just looking at different models on ebay. I saw this one. I'm interested...the dial is missing the usual "3 stars" just above the Conquest logo. I would also guess that the crown and hands have been replaced, due to lack of the usual Longines logo and lume doesn't match the hour markers, respectively.

Serial number dates it to 1962 from what I can tell. Is it just that the later watches did not have the 3 stars in the usual logo?

Thanks again for the info,
    J.

Longines1.JPG Longines2.JPG Longines3.JPG Longines4.JPG Longines5.JPG Longines6.JPG Longines7.JPG Longines8.JPG Longines9.JPG Longines10.JPG Longines11.JPG
  2. TropicConnie Feb 24, 2018

I'd bet on original hands, but re-lumed. Just because it's missing the stars on the dial is no reason to be alarmed. Longines made Conquests with zero, three, or five stars.

3. JohnSteed Feb 26, 2018

@Jshaw083 crown replacement seems correct but everything else looks in great condition. Not sure about hands as they appear on par with watch. Perhaps resumed but can’t tell

4. ulackfocus Mar 1, 2018

No issues with that dial. The hands have been relumed, and the case lightly polished. Overall a pretty decent watch if the price is right.

Jerseyhammer likes this.