Forums Latest Members
  1. alvaropinto Jul 25, 2014

Hi to all,
    i wonder if someone could help identifying the origin of this longines case. It is in stainless steel staybrite as seen in the picture.
    The movement is the 10.68Z dating from around 1936. I've found a similar one here. The lugs style are not of course the same but the watch it self belongs to the same period.
    Any thoughts are welcome!
    Cheers:thumbsup:

dial.JPG movement.jpg back.jpg
  2. kingmatic Jul 25, 2014

Hi Alvaro, I´m so sorry not to answer properly your query . My guess (only a hunch) is that is a Swiss case , but who knows?
    However , I´d like to say yours is a beautiful watch . Certainly the steel case and lugs are the most interesting features . In any case and taking in consideration the other example you ´ve provided, I ´d like to show you another one from the same epoch (circa 1938) with a rare case (most probably a custom made ). Hope you like it

PS (as you can see at that time the movement it was very dirty , since then it has been cleaned and oiled and now looks great)

Longines plexi 1.jpg Longines plexi case 2.jpg
    saludos desde México

Kingmatic

3. alvaropinto Jul 26, 2014

Hola!
    That's a nice watch! Very cool movement with swan neck adjustment.
    The case looks gold-plated?
    Saludos e gracias por tu respuesta!

4. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Jul 26, 2014

I have reasonble confident that's it's genuine. It's very beautiful.

Here is a case made at probably around the same time, with the same caliber (I believe). Notice the similarity of their back plates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. alvaropinto Jul 26, 2014

Your watch is quite astonishing and the case quite exquisite!
    The similarity of the case back is obvious but I'm not sure if that means they were made at longines factories.
    Cheers!