Forums Latest Members
  1. donashby Jun 20, 2018

Hello All,

I am thinking of buying a Longines Nonius that I found on Instagram and also on ebay by the same seller:

https://www.ebay.it/itm/Ultra-Rare-...016104?hash=item285da88168:g:gCIAAOSwfshbAY~UPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

2 Questions please! First does the watch look OK to you experts? I am not too familiar with this watch, but it looks good and correct to me and I love the bracelet.
    Secondly, do any of you have any experience with this seller? He or She is very short in answering my questions, does not want to take Paypal, the email address that they answered my emails is a different name Ernesto Rizzo from the bank account they want the transfer to Maria Toroddo, and says they are in Palermo, all of which make me nervous. They say they have good feedback on ebay accounts: timeaftertime78 adrest7 and madelumar. I want to think the best of people, and this seller might be great, but I am suspicious, What do you all think?

Thanks in advance.

Best-DON

2. bubba48 Jun 20, 2018

Where are you from? A low cost fly to Palermo probably costs less than 10% of the price of the watch. Go, check and buy. ;)

BTW I'm Italian

donashby likes this.
  3. ICONO Jun 20, 2018

Red flag…No returns accepted

Red Flag…Bank Transfer

Red Flag…Little attempt at engagement

Red Flag…Palermo…( Apologies to any Members who come from / live in Palermo…But you know the Cities connections, yourself ! )

If you are really keen,…take the advice, & visit there, to see the watch for yourself…Meeting to be held in local Bank

Jerseyhammer and donashby like this.
  4. donashby Jun 20, 2018

Thanks for the advice, I am in New York, so Palermo is not next door, but I will be in Italy in September, so maybe a visit is not a bad idea if the watch exists and or has not sold! Thanks again!

5. TDBK Jun 20, 2018

The seller has an active eBay account, open for 10 years, with 57 positive feedback scores in the last 12 months, and 1 neutral, including a number of transactions in the last month from buyers with high feedback scores. They sell a lot of vintage watches; this watch is on the high end of the value of items they handle (most expensive item I've seen), but not outrageously so (they've sold a handful of watches for >2K€ in the last year). Faking this kind of eBay history would be challenging or impossible; you'd need dozens of accounts with high feedback scores and to be creating authentic-looking watch auctions for years to farm the history and feedback.

I think this is a reasonably safe transaction, as online wire-transfer buying auctions go; it's unlikely that they've set all this up for this watch as the big score. There's always risk, but it's not foolhardy to buy here, IMHO.

MMMD, GuiltyBoomerang and donashby like this.
  6. Jerseyhammer Jun 24, 2018

I’m with ICONIO with this one

7. donashby Jun 24, 2018

I am thinking the same thing. Thanks everyone!

8. cagkut Jun 27, 2018

I agree with the comments above, on the other hand the watch itself is all good.

9. donashby Jun 27, 2018

I have spoken with the guy and feel a lot more confident, so will probably go for it. Thanks for the advice all!

10. cagkut Jun 27, 2018

Congrats. Interesting to see that they have changed the caseback inscriptions between 8225-1 and 2. Here’s the caseback of my 8225-2:

C795C7A3-1B93-486E-9990-ED59CA435F35.jpeg

11. donashby Jun 27, 2018

Thanks for the info and picture. Are there any other differences that you know of? Is yours a white dial one?

12. cagkut Jun 27, 2018

F56C19BC-8051-4FD3-9C01-469D24583A81.jpeg FC8E3563-E5F2-4F24-B6B3-0E7F82062FF1.png Mine has the exact same dial, with a polished case. I am not sure if they originally came with polished finish as well, maybe yes or maybe not, but in any “case” it looks awesome IMHO.

Edited Jun 27, 2018
    donashby likes this.
  13. donashby Jun 27, 2018

They are definitely cool looking watches, and I love the steel bracelet too. I found a guy who has some to sell and here is the link if you are interested, www.orologeriatempo.com or on instagram @orologeriatempo

cagkut likes this.
  14. cagkut Jun 28, 2018

Thanks for the link I will check that!

donashby likes this.