Forums Latest Members

longines automatic L933.1 18k gold 750

1. longines@ May 21, 2019

This is my family's watch, I received it from my father. He said that when he was young he ordered longines to make a watch specifically for him to use. The year of production is unknown, but perhaps from 1968 to 1972.
    I tried searching but I didn't find the second one like that, from the internal machine to its design. I'm not familiar with watches, I'm here to see if anyone knows about this watch.
    I'm a foreigner, so embarrassing when I used google translation. I hope you understand[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Radiumpassion May 21, 2019

Hi!

Neat watch and a nice heirloom. What do you want to know about this?

Longines has a great customer service and will provide you all the information
    on this watch for free if you contact them.

https://www.longines.com/certificate-of-authenticity

Good luck:)

Deafboy likes this.
  3. DirtyDozen12 Thanks, mystery donor! May 22, 2019

One reason why there have not been many responses to your post is because this watch was produced after Longines' most important years. The movement in this watch is not Longines' own design, as in the past. And the design of the case and dial is less distinctive of the brand. What I find interesting is that the movement has been adjusted in 5 positions and looks to be nicely finished. As @Radiumpassion stated above, contacting Longines is likely the best course of action to find out more about this watch.

Deafboy likes this.
  4. longines@ May 22, 2019

Thanks for answering !
    It seems that Longines has produced a machine based on the design of another watch firm to get the maximum thinness required.
    Longines has been acquired by Swatch Group, so some information about its past has been difficult.