Forums Latest Members
  1. jobberone May 4, 2012

Admiral automatic day date. Runs fine although who knows when last serviced. Have no idea how old it is or how much its worth. 10K gold filled case. Any extra info appreciated. What age and is it collectible or just saleable?

IMG_0026.jpg IMG_0028.jpg
  2. ulackfocus May 4, 2012

That's a mid/late 60's or early 70's watch with a 50x series caliber. Not a bad watch, but not really one that collectors crave because the 50x series is not a true in-house Longines movement. It's a rebadged Record 195x caliber. Longines acquired Record in 1961. It looks like there's some wear through the gold fill layer on the lug tips which will affect value. It might only bring $150 or it could sell for $300 if somebody likes the dial. Kind of a crapshoot, you know?

3. jobberone May 4, 2012

Man you're a walking watch encyclopedia! I'll list it here for awhile. Trying to sell everything and move to Hawaii for awhile and see if I want to live there. I have one last Longines I'd like someone to look at. I would hate to throw a collectible watch out.

4. ulackfocus May 4, 2012

Just don't ask me about Rolex, Zenith, Eterna, or any of the other kazillion brands I don't collect. :p

Which island? We visit family on Maui every year and a half or so. It's paradise. Problem is where do you go for vacation if you live there? ;)

5. jobberone May 4, 2012

I thought I'd try the big island for a few months then Oahu for another few. Guess I should throw in Maui as well. Whatdaya think?