Forums Latest Members

SOLD Longines 1959, s/s, cal 30LS, excellent condition

1. marturx Sep 7, 2016

SOLD here is this very nice 50ies Longines.

Measures 34 mm the crown excluded. The case seems to have been given a light touch up. But the polish is not by any means apparent. Original crown to this watch.

Very nice looking movement, cal 30LS, the center second version of the well renowned Longines 30L. The movement runs good and keeps good time.

Very nice dial, with a light and even aging patina. No other damages in it besides the aging which is clearly visible in the photos.

I´m asking USD 350 for it. Shipping included, registered mail, fully insured with the Swedish post. I and the watch are located within the EU. Feel free to return the watch on my expense if it deviates materially vs my description in text and/ or pictures.

Longines 30LS.jpg

Longines 30LS, liggande.jpg

Longines 30LS, front.jpg

Longines 30LS, höger.jpg

Longines 30LS, vänster.jpg

Longines 30LS, bak.jpg

Longines 30LS, lock.jpg

Longines 30LS, verk.jpg

Edited Sep 8, 2016
  2. ulackfocus Sep 7, 2016

Facets still on the lugs, original crown, and one of (if not THE) best mass production movement ever made - what's not to love?

Even after the big sell off I've done in the last year, I still have my 30L. Somebody would have to offer me STOOPID money to part with it, and here's one for a mere $350.

3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Sep 7, 2016

As Dennis suggests, this watch represents outstanding value. It's also worth noting that with all of the backlash we've seen on this forum to certain sellers – ahem – liberal use of the word "Calatrava" to describe various time-only watches, this Longines is literally about as close as you can get in terms of styling to the real (Patek) thing, outside of vintage Vacheron and Audemars.

[​IMG]

Edited Sep 7, 2016
  4. marturx Sep 8, 2016

Sold to an US Gentleman on the Forum. Thanks OF for the space, much appreciated. Thanks Dennis and Tony for your kind support

Jacquot, Jwit and Northernman like this.